New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

of doldrums

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tiddysprinkles3

tiddysprinkles3 is on a distinguished road

does anyone for-see a drop in the price of the ipad ay time soon?
i was considering buying but decided not to because it is too expensive to pay for a large ipod touch
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

When Apple starts having unsold inventory the price will drop. Until demand stops being sky high basically, and prior to a new release.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
When Apple starts having unsold inventory the price will drop.
Actually, no.

What Apple tends to do is release a new model at the same price. They don't tend to lower prices (recent Mac mini upgrade as an example).

But I don't foresee another model of iPad for at least a year.

The only hope I think most people have of getting an iPad for less than retail is to wait for refurbished ones to show up.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddysprinkles3 View Post
i was considering buying but decided not to because it is too expensive to pay for a large ipod touch
Good thing it's a lot more than just a large iPod Touch then!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Good thing it's a lot more than just a large iPod Touch then!
HAHA was waiting for that from you

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddysprinkles3 View Post
i was considering buying but decided not to because it is too expensive....
For a minute there I thought I was on one of my Corvette forums!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Actually, no.

What Apple tends to do is release a new model at the same price. They don't tend to lower prices (recent Mac mini upgrade as an example).
That's not necessarily true. Look at the huge price difference between the iPhone 2G and the iPhone 3G. They also have tended to lower the price of the Macbooks and Macbook Pros with many new releases. If anything, I think Apple has shown a tendency to lower prices, especially from the first gen to second gen of a new product...look at iPods as another great example.

Quote:
But I don't foresee another model of iPad for at least a year.
I'm predicting late this year there will be a new version, at least to match the 512mb RAM of the iPhone 4 which will make the iPad better for multi-tasking when iOS 4 is available for it later this year....also would make sense why they're delaying the iOS 4 so much if they're expecting new hardware.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Front del key? | Israel iPad Ban Lifted »