New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad synching to Windows PC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

novella

novella is on a distinguished road

Hello all,
Newbie to iPad world here.
I have a client that would like to get an iPad. There is an app (though he won't tell me the name of the app) that will run on iPad and there is a corresponding app for his Windows XP PC.
Is there some way to synchronize an iPad to a Windows XP?
If so what is it?
If it is in a manual if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelly Wilke
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by novella View Post
Hello all,
Is there some way to synchronize an iPad to a Windows XP?
If so what is it?
iTunes

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
novella

Hello,
Okay that confuses me. The app is an app similar to Quickbooks. We would use iTunes to synchronize the app that is similar to Quickbooks between the iPad and the Windows PC?
If so, I will definitely need instructions on how to do that one.
Thanks,
Kelly Wilke
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I would say if your client is not going to tell you what app he's talking about, then you're not going to get it installed.

And neither will anyone here be able to tell you how to use it.

QUOTE Thanks
novella

Hello,
The app is called HanDBase
Thanks,
Kelly Wilke
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Like every other iPod, iPhone or iPad app, he'll have to purchase the app through the iTunes app store and install it to the iPad by syncing with iTunes or downloading it from the app store direct to the iPad.

Don't own the app, so can't really answer exactly what data it will sync from the Mac or Windows version of the app.

QUOTE Thanks
DRMac

DRMac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD

HanDBase is on the appstore through itunes, its $10

HanDBase for iPad - Database Manager for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
tell your client to see if there's a option in the windows app to wirelessly sync with the application on his ipad (should be a button on the main page of a option through preferences,i'm not familiar with this app either) if there's not an option he'll have to do it through the application while sync'ed to itunes.
QUOTE Thanks
novella

Thank you very much all.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad education questions | Average Battery Use? »