New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

New iPad plans from ATT no more unlimited.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

I have a wifi so it docent hit me as hard but what about those with the g3?
http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/02/...new-customers/
QUOTE Thanks
stingray

stingray is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |

I've always heard that the unlimited was capped around 3 gigs, for the mobile devices. I've never come anywhere close on my iPhone so I'm not really sure.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

It will not affect me my usage is under that even when i use it frequently.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Think it was capped at 5g from what I have read.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Why would they do such a thing? I just ordered an iPad 3G because I wanted unlimited access to the 3G.....:-(

Well, 2GB might be enough for what I'm gonna do with it anyway...hopefully.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Why doesn't At&t just fix their network?? instead of stuff like this.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

iow - they want to cut back on streaming content.

Means no downloading of HD movies via 3G on your iPad.

This is one of those times that makes me feel like they're snakes in the grass.

And I didn't buy the 3G version.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

This is actually horrible. I see with the iPhone people might be careful and not go over 2GB. But the iPad is a Media Consumption Device. WTH AT&T??

Unacceptable!

And I do have a 3G iPad. I will probably not go over the 2GB But I still feel ripped off!
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

That does not seem like a good thing at all AT&T. What are you up to? That was one of the big selling points of the 3G iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
a2applegirl

a2applegirl is on a distinguished road

I bought a wifi ipad because I felt that att wouldn't be able to handle the unlimited data as more ipads entered the network.

I think the iphone limits are due to video chat that will be available with the new iphone os. At & t will not be able to handle the load without some sort of limits.

I have a verizon mifi that I connect my ipad and iphone to when I am at a place that does not have wifi.

I have never come close to going over 2gb on my iphone though, so I don't think the limits will affect iphone users much.

Mac specs: 15" I7 macbook pro with standard resolution
Ipad wifi 32gb
Iphone 16gb 3gs
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

My 3G isn't working yet, although Orange assured me it was setup. I didn't go for one of the monthly plans to start with, prefering to see how the per MB thing works out. Lucky choice since it isn't using anything until I get Orange to fix it.

This is in the UK, so probably a completely different issue
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

The only way they could expect customers to accept such a cut in usage would be to lower the monthly fee by more than only $5.00. They're allowing tethering, but for an additional $20! No thank you, AT&T!

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

You can stay on your current $30.00 "unlimited" plan with no change if you want to. I don't see the big deal. Just don't switch your plan and you'll be fine.

QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow View Post
You can stay on your current $30.00 "unlimited" plan with no change if you want to. I don't see the big deal. Just don't switch your plan and you'll be fine.
That's only for people who are grandfathered in, iPads are in such short supply right now especially the 3G model some people are having to wait a couple weeks to get one.
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

The new data plan also effects the iPhone plans. They also are no longer offering unlimited data unless you are grandfathered in. The benefit of the change is that they are now offering a lower priced data plan for $15/month with a 200 MB limit (iPhone only) for users who don't use that much data and don't want to be forced to pay $30/month (now $25). The change is bad for people who want unlimited but are first time customers.

I personally don't use that much data a month so I'm glad for the option of a cheaper monthly data plan on the iPhone. It is notable that they are not offering the two pricing plans on the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad 3G Grandfather | Synching single photo in Iphoto to Ipad »