New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iTunes messed up my iPad

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

I bought a new iPad today, which is great.

However, when I connected to iTunes on my Mac, it deleted the apps I had installed during the setup session at Apple and then reinstalled them. Some of these now don't work.

For example, TVCatchup was working fine and now says it needs Flash, which of course I can't install on the iPad. So why did it work before I used iTunes?

Also, some Apps are the iPhone (small) versions, despite being on the iPad. I have updated since I added the iPad, but even if I try to reinstall them on the iPad, it says I already bought this. I still get the small version.

Any ideas please?
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

1. Fixed the TV Catchup one - there is a separate URL for the iPhone (which I assume is a 'Flash-free' version).

2. Some of the Apps I bought again, but others still going to the small version.

3. Another problem - in iTunes I have some Apps I don't want anymore. However, whenever I delete them the iTunes store downloads them again. Is there any way to tell the Store I no longer want those Apps please?

BTW - I still think the iPad is great. Not so keen on iTunes, but the iPad is great.
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Arrggghh - it is coming back again

Never ever buy an iTunes App you might not want. It seems to be impossible to get rid of them once you have.

I deleted the download - it got added again.

I deleted the App from iTunes - it is downloading and reinstalling.

How can I get rid of the **** thing so it stays got rid of please?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Not exactly sure what is going on but you have three repositories for your APPs to consider.
1) Is the store itself which keeps a record of what you have purchased
2) Is the APP folder in iTunes
3) Is your iPad
When you sync iTunes tries to reconcile differences between them according to what it thinks is your wishes.

The easiest way to ensure an APP will be deleted and not reinstalled is to click on the Applications tab of the sync window, scroll down and uncheck the boxes for APPs you no longer want on your iPad. Click Apply and it should resync and make the changes.

If you really want to get rid of an APP, after removal from your iPad followup by deleting the APP from the APP folder in iTunes.

last, I've run into the problem with no being able to download an iPad vs when I had the iPhone vs installed, but deleting the iPhone vs from my iPad before trying to download has fixed that for me.

Hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« IPAD Shortage | Sync Mail between iPad and Macbook »