New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iWorks transferring to Microsoft Office

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ccab

Ccab is on a distinguished road

Does it work? Explain.

Macbook Pro 13" 4G RAM
iPhone 3GS 16G
iTouch
COMING SOON! Apple iPad 16G Wifi+3G
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Not entirely certain what you're asking. But I think you want to know if documents created in iWork can be ported over to MS Office. And if that's the case, then yes. Documents created in Pages/Numbers/Keynote can be saved into MS Office compatible versions. Conversely, documents created in MS Office can be imported into their respective iWork applications. Now, there may be some formatting differences, so if the accuracy of translation is key, your best bet is to go with MS Office for Mac.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Ccab

Ccab is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Not entirely certain what you're asking. But I think you want to know if documents created in iWork can be ported over to MS Office. And if that's the case, then yes. Documents created in Pages/Numbers/Keynote can be saved into MS Office compatible versions. Conversely, documents created in MS Office can be imported into their respective iWork applications. Now, there may be some formatting differences, so if the accuracy of translation is key, your best bet is to go with MS Office for Mac.
well were talking about 1,000 dollars for a mac with office over an iPad with works for under 700 dollars. If it can be easily transferred to either iWorks or MS office vice versa then that would definitely be the winner.

Macbook Pro 13" 4G RAM
iPhone 3GS 16G
iTouch
COMING SOON! Apple iPad 16G Wifi+3G
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccab View Post
well were talking about 1,000 dollars for a mac with office over an iPad with works for under 700 dollars. If it can be easily transferred to either iWorks or MS office vice versa then that would definitely be the winner.
Well, that is certainly doable, although I'm not sure that an iPad is a solid choice as a general purpose computing device. There are limitations (like not being able to print) that lot of people don't realize. If office chores are a requirement, I'm not sure that would be the ideal device. Occasional documents (to be printed from another machine), sure. But not as a full time device tasked with content creation.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

I know for a fact that on the iWork suit of apps on the iPad you actually cannot control what format it saves it into. The way you get around that is supposedly importing the the documents to www.iwork.com. And from there you can share it with multiple people and they can download it in the MS office formats... Unfortunately last time I checked that part of iWork.com didn't work yet!

As for printing there are a couple of apps in the App Store that enable printing over wifi, but I am not sure how that works since I haven't used them first hand, but they are getting some good reviews.

Hope that explains it a bit.
QUOTE Thanks
ipodmacfan

ipodmacfan is on a distinguished road

I transfer stuff from iWork to MS Office, Google Docs and Openoffice all the time...

Currently Own: iPhone 4 16GB/iPod Nano 5G 16GB/Macbook Pro 2010 13"/iPad 64GB 3G
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Radtech Clearcal screen protector | Question about BT keyboard and IPAD »