New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

IPAD Shortage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

A friend of mine who is in marketing told me that the main reason why the IPAD not only out sold the Iphone on first release, and is always sold out everywhere is becuase people buy them by the dozen then ship them out to South America and a few other countries... this is probably old news but makes sense
QUOTE Thanks
MacKeeper

MacKeeper is on a distinguished road

It actually doesn't make much sense.
Apple has gone to great lengths to ensure such things will not be possible.
Only two items could be sold to the same customer and stores would not accept cash when selling iPads(since the same customer could use cash to buy from five stores but with a CC his info will be in the database already).

Of course there will always be ways to go around this and cases of iPads being shipped overseas(****, I know I guy who just recently got two sent to him here in Ukraine) but it wouldn't be by the dozens per person and it definetely would not be the main reason why Apple ran out of stock. The sheer fact that the product was highly anticipated and sought for by many made that happen.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacKeeper View Post
It actually doesn't make much sense.
Apple has gone to great lengths to ensure such things will not be possible.
Only two items could be sold to the same customer and stores would not accept cash when selling iPads(since the same customer could use cash to buy from five stores but with a CC his info will be in the database already).

Of course there will always be ways to go around this and cases of iPads being shipped overseas(****, I know I guy who just recently got two sent to him here in Ukraine) but it wouldn't be by the dozens per person and it definetely would not be the main reason why Apple ran out of stock. The sheer fact that the product was highly anticipated and sought for by many made that happen.
They go all over US in teams buying bestbuys and apple stores out it is very possible, I was at best buy recently guy purchased 5 all for overseas
QUOTE Thanks
J.Fo

J.Fo is a jewel in the roughJ.Fo is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac, late 2012 model, 21"

Right. That's the reason. It has nothing to do with the fact that the device is very popular right now and Appoe is having a hard time keeping them in stock.

Or is it?!?
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Of course there being shipped all over the world. Didn't anyone read about the Chinese man who bought over 200 of them in California packed them into two giant suit cases, hopped on a airplane,flew to China and sold them for double the money, It was on CNN,Foxnews ...etc

I have a brand new one listed right now locally on Craigslist, Almost every call I have gotten for it has been from someone looking to buy it locally and send it to a relative in another country particularly Asian countries.

I don't fault anyone for trying to make a buck off an iPad or get one early more power to them.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
I don't fault anyone for trying to make a buck off an iPad or get one early more power to them.
This is an issue that devides these forums I think. And its best to say agree to disagree on this issue. Cause persinally I am on the side of that is very immoral. But there is a lot of people for one side and a lot for the other.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
This is an issue that devides these forums I think. And its best to say agree to disagree on this issue. Cause persinally I am on the side of that is very immoral. But there is a lot of people for one side and a lot for the other.

I think can agree to disagree on this or this thread is going to ****.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Capitalism is immoral? Last I checked, economic theories didn't lean one way or the other.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« This is a GREAT Place for an IPAD | iTunes messed up my iPad »