Thread: Hot weather

Hot weather
    I don't always remember to take the iPad out of my car and it's pretty hot here in Florida. Usually it's not more than an hour but I'm wondering if the glass might break or if it could cause other problems.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I don't think so unless you leave it exposed openly to the hot sun in the car. And then I wouldn't worry about the sun because thieves will get to it before the sun does. Lock it in your trunk. I lock my computer in my trunk here in Texas where it gets quite hot, just like Florida. No problems so far.

Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
    I live in florida too! Once, at the beach my ipad shut off and said it was too hot and needed to cool down before I could use it so I set it in the shade, and out of direct sunlight for a minute or two and it popped back on. Funny thing is that the other day I went canoing down the loxahatchee river, and left my phone in the glove box. It said the same overheat message and that was the first time Id ever seen it on my iphone.
    I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!

Tampa , FL
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    I'm in FL too I took mine to the pool today in the sun for a couple of hours at the same time I was tethering it, no problems other than LCD screen can be kind of difficult to see in the bright light.

Denver Colorado
    2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
    iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPad: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures

The above link states not to keep it in a parked car because of high temp's. Buy a man bag, a purse or stick it in your pants.

Why risk the possible damage of keeping it in a hot car?

I realize that the above link is just regarding operating temp's and temp management but leaving any type of electronics in a hot car could foul it up.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007

Thread Information