New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Hlf screen went black

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

essahar

essahar is on a distinguished road

Hello,

today the half of the screen went black with no reason it didn't fall down it was working then suddenly the half of the screen went black i tried to restore it but no luck. However the half black is resonsive when I swipe my finger it move and I can type my password.

I appreciate your help.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

I assume you're referring to an iPad? Since it's new and under warranty, take it back to where you purchased it and have them look at it. Also, when you post you need to be more descriptive so that someone can try to help you rather than figure out what you mean. Thanks.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Simply take it to your nearest Apple Store (which isn't so simple if you don't live close to one) and have them give you a brand new iPad. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
essahar

essahar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I assume you're referring to an iPad? Since it's new and under warranty, take it back to where you purchased it and have them look at it. Also, when you post you need to be more descriptive so that someone can try to help you rather than figure out what you mean. Thanks.

Regards.
Thank you for the answer, chsag my post was in the iPad hardware section and that's the reason I didn't specify that I'm talking about an iPad the problem that this device is that I bought it second hand and I'm living in a country where the iPad is not launched yet (Middle East) and we don't have even and Apple store.

Can I send it to the US and let a friend bring it to an apple store to look at it or only the person who bought can bring it to them?

this is how the screen look
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

If you have a trustworthy friend in the US that will handle the repairs for you at an Apple store, that's OK. However, he needs the sales receipt since you bought it second hand. If the original owner registered it with Apple, that registration will have to be changed to you. The iPad is warranted for one year but can be extended through Apple care.

A problem you may run into by sending it to the US to be repaired is customs and fees. Be sure you state on the tag that it's being returned for repairs.

It does look like either the display is defective or the video processor.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad ships slow. | WiFi iPad and Sprint Palm Pre + MyTether »