New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Home AV setup help needed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmoblay

dmoblay is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I bought a mac mini a few months ago as I wanted to digitise my DVD collection.

Since then we have become a bit of a Mac household, buying a number of products, most recently the Ipad (still to be delivered).

What I would like to achieve is streaming video/music/photo's around the house and remotely controlling the mini mac.

At the moment I have the mini in the front room connected to the TV, playing films fine. I can stream Itunes to remote speakers upstairs through the airport extreme. And can control itunes with my iphone.

What I haven't yet managed to do is stream films & pictures around the house and to the projector in the movie room.

Will the Ipad allow me to do this or do I need to buy more kit? I was considering adding apple TV but not sure this is the best way to go. With the Ipad on order I want to make as much use of that as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Nice iPad case bundle. | What you would add to the iPad? »