New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

San Francisco Bay Area's iPad river runth dry.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

Today, thanks to uncle Sam giving my Tax Return (its late, don't ask. Long story) I decided I'd go grab me an iPad. To be more specific a 16GB 3G iPad.

I called all the Apple Stores and Best Buys within 40 mile radius... Nothing, Nada, Zelch, Zip, Zero stock. And here I figured by the time I am ready to buy they'll be available in stock... HA!

So I reserved one at the Palo Alto Apple Store, and supposedly I have to wait for 7-10 days for in store pick up.

On a side note:

I would love to see all the folks that said the iPad will be a flop and that it will rot on the shelves of the Apple Stores. Bite Your Tongues folks, and think twice before you yap.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Oh man, that sucks. Talk about money burning a hole in your pocket.

I've had my 3G iPad since day one and I love it! It's definitely worth the wait

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough

you sir nailed... Money Burning a Massive Hole..

Thanks for rubbing it Kash
QUOTE Thanks
MacPro.dB

MacPro.dB is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacPro 2.66GHz Quad-Core 8GB, Radeon 4870 * MacBook Pro 17" 3.06 Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram * 64GB 3G iPad

Worth the wait, hang in there!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaMACMan View Post
you sir nailed... Money Burning a Massive Hole..

Thanks for rubbing it Kash
'twas my pleasure

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Just so you know....uncle Sam gave you nothing. It is money you earned that they allowed you to keep... Big difference....

Anyway, hope you get your 16g soon! I have had mine almost 6 weeks, and I don't know how inp got a long without it.....!

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPro.dB View Post
Worth the wait, hang in there!
Thanks man, I am patiently waiting. I am filling my time by looking at good cases and downloading some Apps. 35 so far, not including my library of iPod Touch Apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
'twas my pleasure
Glad you got some pleasure out of it... at least on of us did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
Just so you know....uncle Sam gave you nothing. It is money you earned that they allowed you to keep... Big difference....

Anyway, hope you get your 16g soon! I have had mine almost 6 weeks, and I don't know how inp got a long without it.....!
Bremen, I am fully aware of that fact. It feels good all the same to have that cash back so I can treat myself to the magical, revolutionary world of iPad.

Any must have Apps that you guys recommend? Also what about a good Case that is not the Apple Case and still would include a stand?

Let me know.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

If you have a lot of videos or TV shows on your computer, I highly suggest AirVideo. Allows you to stream straight from your computer, no need to convert and use up space on the iPad itself. Also lets you stream from outside your house, which is great if you travel frequently.

If you're into comics, then there are a ton of comics apps available. If you enjoy reading magazines, definitely check out Zinio. GoodReader if you want to store and view documents. Dropbox app if you have a Dropbox account. There are several Twitter apps if you're into that, my favorite is Twitterrific. There are some fun games like Labyrinth and Harbor Master. Definitely check out Magic Piano, it's fun to mess around with and only costs a buck.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And i think Atomic Bowser has taken over from Safari now. It's already made it to the start bar.

Sent off a note to the developer after i couldn't use the message box in the forum and had a response back in about 10 minutes a couple of days ago. Just had to change the 'identify browser as' to Safari Desktop or Mobile Safari - iPad.

A tabbed browser with full screen browsing. Currently has about a half dozen search engines available from the search field including Amazon, Wiki... And it's only a buck also.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Atomic Browser looks interesting. Going to give the free version a try

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My wife hadn't really touched mine since I got it. She got up early and played with it for an hour this morning.

Wanted to know how to play farmville on it, so i opened up cloud browse for her. It looks like crud. Then asked what games she could get and showed her the app store. Don't think she's looked at it on her iPhone in the 3 years she's had it. Found about 20 games she wants.

So guess what? There goes my tax refund i'd been sitting on.

QUOTE Thanks
kaya3

kaya3 is on a distinguished road

Keep calling best buy. I saved for one for dh for his birthday and when i finally had enough in late April, i couldn't find one anywhere. I ordered one on apple. A week and a half later it was still sitting there sayiing item not shipped. I was running errands one day and quickly went into best buy and low and behold, they had a bunch! I cancelled the one from apple and picked up his on the spot. Keep trying!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well considering that Apple had to delay the international pre-orders a week after just 2 days of preorder. In those 2 days it seems people ordered all the ones Apple had allocated to the rest of the world.

Considering that, I can easily see that your local Apple store is sold out. Not being able to keep in stock cause it sells out sells out so fast is a pain in the *** but I'm sure it's a pain most companies would love to have.
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

This is exactly why I love coming to Mac-Forums. You guys are awesome for moral support and helping ease the pain of waiting.

Bob, Atomic Browser sounds pretty good. I have a question though. If you are in a separate App, and there is a hyperlink, when you click on it can you set it to open in Atomic Browser. I guess my real question is, can you set Atomic Browser as the default?

Thanks for all the recommendations, keep them coming.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Haven't looked for that yet. Just moved my bookmarks over to it this morning. You're right that currently, links in Mail, 1Password, etc. open in Safari. The advantage of Safari is that it has a bookmarks bar for all your favorites. It's really not a bad browser either.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« WiFi iPad and Sprint Palm Pre + MyTether | iPad + 2 Laptops + 1 LCD + Bluetooth = Crappy WiFI?! »