New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Apple to issue software fix for lingering iPad Wi-Fi problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Apple to issue software fix for lingering iPad Wi-Fi problems
AppleInsider | Apple to issue software fix for lingering iPad Wi-Fi problems
Quote:
iPad owners who have been plagued by Wi-Fi connectivity issues could have the problem resolved with a forthcoming software fix from Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

weird... i dont have any problems with WiFi on my 3g

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Just a small percentage seem to have it, I sure don't....

Glad for the update though.....

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

No issue here.
QUOTE Thanks
a2applegirl

a2applegirl is on a distinguished road

I have this issue sporadically on my ipad. When the ipad goes to sleep or when the wireless is not being used for long periods of time (like when I am watching a movie on it or reading a book on it), when I try to use safari or the app store or some other wireless-using app, I will be prompted for the network password. I have been using the workaround that was republished on several mac forums by Princeton University, where I turn my wireless on and off, forcing my ipad to grab a new ip address.

This has worked consistently for me.

The workaround is not inconvenient, so I am in no rush for the fix, but it will be nice to have.

Mac specs: 15" I7 macbook pro with standard resolution
Ipad wifi 32gb
Iphone 16gb 3gs
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus Esprit

Lotus Esprit is an unknown at this point

Unfortunately they haven't given a date for the release of the fix. I would hope that it would coincide with the iPad launch in the next 9 countries.
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

I don't have a problem with the wireless functions other than it sometimes doesn't want to connect to my network. Simply turning the iPad on and off fixes it right as rain.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
jrichard012

jrichard012 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2applegirl View Post
I have this issue sporadically on my ipad. When the ipad goes to sleep or when the wireless is not being used for long periods of time (like when I am watching a movie on it or reading a book on it), when I try to use safari or the app store or some other wireless-using app, I will be prompted for the network password. I have been using the workaround that was republished on several mac forums by Princeton University, where I turn my wireless on and off, forcing my ipad to grab a new ip address.

This has worked consistently for me.

The workaround is not inconvenient, so I am in no rush for the fix, but it will be nice to have.
This is precisely what I am experiencing. Very disconcerting.
QUOTE Thanks
Lincoln10

Lincoln10 is on a distinguished road

I didn't have problems for the first day I had the iPad. But after downloading two apps from the iPad App Store app, I started getting frequent disconnects from my router. I reconnected the iPad to my desktop and completed a backup and updated some additional apps. After that I had no problems until today when I downloaded another app from the iPad App Store app. Once again it started disconnecting. I just completed another re-sync with my desktop and so far no problems. Just a suggestion to anyone with this problem...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I was having some problems early on because it would keep dropping the connection when I was in my bedroom. I know that the wireless signal reaches there just fine since I can access it just fine with my Macbook and iPhone. So as a stopgap I simply increased the power output of the router and that seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Let's hope this update fixes the problem so that I can bring the power output back down. Keeping it at this level is going to shorten my router's lifespan.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Proof an ipad and an Apple IIe can talk to each other | Solid Gold iPad »