New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Incase iPad Case

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Hey guys,

I bought the Incase iPad case when I got my new toy and immediately put it in the case and I noticed today a bump on the bottom right corner like I dropped it naked without case...which is pretty annoying since I want to return the iPad to get a 3G one (yes I'm already missing that feature lol).

Bottom line: be careful with tha case. It looks and feels greets but because there is nothing that protects the corners that could happen to you (I still don't know how the heck that happened).

Voony.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

thanks for the warning!

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

That's why I didn't buy that case, i opted for a cheaper ($20) generic case that's much thicker than the incase.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

are you talking about the incase convertible book jacket? because I was just about to post and ask what people who bought it thought of it?

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

Mine shipped today. I'll find out soon. Of course, I'm still waiting for my iPad. Won't be able to try the case until I get it.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodarhythm View Post
are you talking about the incase convertible book jacket? because I was just about to post and ask what people who bought it thought of it?
Yes this is the one I am talking about. Sorry for the confusion
QUOTE Thanks
jshulman10

jshulman10 will become famous soon enough

I heard about that problem, so I decided to get the belkin grip vue which is basically a mix between a silicon and plastic/hard rubber. And I totally recommend it.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeychen View Post
I heard such problem before, so I think the silicone material for the iPad case would be much better than, but I afraid that if it would be broken easily, I thought that it is light weight and touch comfortable.
I chose the Incase convertible thing because I like to be able to protect the screen also without having to use a sleeve.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Mine always will be bare as I find any case makes it ugly.
I have never dropped a Mac yet, so I hope my luck will hold out.
QUOTE Thanks
pmurray633

pmurray633 is on a distinguished road

I got the "protective cover for ipad" from incase, in black, and it is perfect, doesnt really hinder the thing at all, and it covers it perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeychen View Post
I heard such problem before, so I think the silicone material for the iPad case would be much better than, but I afraid that if it would be broken easily, I thought that it is light weight and touch comfortable.
DO NOT BUY THIS! THIS IS USELESS JUNK!! Trust me, I have it in black, and it makes me so angry that one day I will flip out on it toss it into the shredder…even though I don't use it…past memories just wont go away! DON'T BUY IT!!!
Sorry, the pics aren't the best! I had to argue with the guy on a phone for literally an hour, and in the end, he said that he doesn't even have an ipad to test fit them!!! It also doesn't have space for the light sensor!!

IMG_0022.jpg
IMG_0018.jpg
IMG_0019.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
pmurray633

pmurray633 is on a distinguished road

wow, that looks horrible, id take that back, get my money back, and show them how bad the case was. you should send those pics to INCASE and show them how flawed their product is.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray633 View Post
wow, that looks horrible, id take that back, get my money back, and show them how bad the case was. you should send those pics to INCASE and show them how flawed their product is.
All and all the case is very good I just don't understand why they didn't cover the corners. It's not like it's necessary to use the iPad lol
QUOTE Thanks
dalpod

dalpod is on a distinguished road

has anyone tried the bookjacket.. not the convertible one, but just the bookjacket. it's for sale on incase's site for $50. is it thinner than the convertible one?
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

The bookjacket looks to be as thick as the other one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ipad Store in Turkey? | Calibre set up on Ipad »