New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

I gave iPad a chance....

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macjuicy23

macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

Well, I waited with everyone else for the Ipad 3g... finally received it but I think I am going to return it. Now that I own it I really dont see myself using it alot, I have my IMAC, Macbook and Iphone.... so I dont see any reason for keeping this Starbucks Toy lol..

I know most of you love it and I am still the worlds biggest Mac fan but I just dont like it...

I also hate how expensive the apps are... I just wanted to rant on here lol after my wifes speech of "I told you so" lol
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Don't you hate it when the wife is right!

Hey, I am crazy about my iPad, but like everything else it's not for everyone. Glad you found out soon enough to take it back...

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Haha I'm the exact opposite position. I think my laptop is feeling neglected since I'm always on my iPad

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Deja-vu...
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Haha I'm the exact opposite position. I think my laptop is feeling neglected since I'm always on my iPad
Me too! iPod touch says "pick me up and use me" MBP says "please use MY keyboard for a change"

I will find a happy balance eventually, but right now I love this thing!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Oh yea, I don't even use my iPhone anymore except for text messages and phone calls, and the 3G is so incredibly slow by comparison. Takes forever to open and switch between apps

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

I couldn't fall in love either. I gave it 5 days at about 4 plus hours a day, just to be sure.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Oh yea, I don't even use my iPhone anymore except for text messages and phone calls, and the 3G is so incredibly slow by comparison. Takes forever to open and switch between apps
That makes two of us! And for 600+ bones, I'm going to use the living day lights out of it!
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
Well, I waited with everyone else for the Ipad 3g... finally received it but I think I am going to return it. Now that I own it I really dont see myself using it alot, I have my IMAC, Macbook and Iphone.... so I dont see any reason for keeping this Starbucks Toy lol..

I know most of you love it and I am still the worlds biggest Mac fan but I just dont like it...

I also hate how expensive the apps are... I just wanted to rant on here lol after my wifes speech of "I told you so" lol
I'm sure some people like reading this being that it will help them decide better, if their current devices fill their needs already.

As for me, I use my iPad so much that my laptop never gets used anymore also. But that might as well be a good thing, because my Macbook's Applecare ran out, and I need it to last me for a while more still.
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Cool man. At least you gave it a chance before writing it off like many others did. I currently use mine more than my MBP and iPhone combined, but my sole purpose of purchasing it was for the Book Reader function. I love sitting on the couch with it and having the "instant on" access to it as opposed to grabbing the 15" laptop, turning it on, and balancing it on my lap while trying to pay attention to what I"m watching.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

I can totally appreciate that there are many people who not only do not need an iPad "let's face it none of us need one" but also don't enjoy using it enough to merit the cost. I on the other hand look for reasons to use it just because I enjoy it. For example, if I was on my iMac right now I wouldn't bother responding to this thread but because i am on my iPad I am and am enjoying it!! Go figure.......
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Lol....also, the iPad is an attention getter at the coffee shop or Barnes and Noble!!! I always go in there and write down cooking recipes from cookbooks, but now I just type them into my notepad app and people always walk over and start up a conversation about it. Now all you college people need to put this to memory.....chicks will dig it!!!

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

When I first got mine, the wife didn't understand why I would need this. Since I already had a MacBook and an iPhone. After a few days she noticed, " hey come your not lugging your computer bag to work everyday?" and then a few days later she started playing with it is well. Now when we sit on the couch, it's literally a fight on who gets to use it, and who gets to yes the MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

It's taken me a month to learn how to do a few things and be able to move my MBP off the arm of the recliner.

It's definitely fulfilled my expectations for my initial reason for wanting one and think it will fulfill my desired expectations when they add arrow keys to the keyboard.

My main problem now, is when I want to help someone out with a Mac issue I'm going "How do I do that?". Senility you know. I was hoping for 90% of my regular tasks and it's probably up to 80%. The times between picking up the MBP are getting longer - up to two days at a time now instead of two hours.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Would you say that the 3G is faster on the iPad compared to the iPhone? I'm wondering if I should I gotten a3G model instead...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Does "Renew Lease" Mean? | Looking for BT headphone recommendations for iPad »