New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

How long did it take you to receive your iPad 3g or iPad wifi version?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

plmiller0905

plmiller0905 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB

I was wondering for the people that ordered their ipads whether the wifi version or the 3G version, from the time you placed your order how many days was it before Apple "Actually" charged your card and your order status went from "Not yet shipped" to Preparing for shipment" and How many days did it take before you received a tracking number.

I'm just asking because I sold my ipad wifi version to get the 3g version. I ordered the 3g version Monday morning (early) and my status just states, "Not yet shipped"

So any input be appreciated.

Thanks

Please give me more APPLES!
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
I was wondering for the people that ordered their ipads whether the wifi version or the 3G version, from the time you placed your order how many days was it before Apple "Actually" charged your card and your order status went from "Not yet shipped" to Preparing for shipment" and How many days did it take before you received a tracking number.

I'm just asking because I sold my ipad wifi version to get the 3g version. I ordered the 3g version Monday morning (early) and my status just states, "Not yet shipped"

So any input be appreciated.

Thanks
I spoke to both Apple and MacMall yesterday. As of yesterday, the 3G iPad will ship on May 11, and you can expect to get it about 3-4 days later.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

All new iPad 3G orders are delayed till mid May, so no prior experience will really help you here.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
plmiller0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post
I spoke to both Apple and MacMall yesterday. As of yesterday, the 3G iPad will ship on May 11, and you can expect to get it about 3-4 days later.

Well that sounds about right. My order states:

Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15

QUOTE Thanks
orngemelo15

orngemelo15 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well that sounds about right. My order states:

Ships: 5 - 7 business days
Delivers: May 11 - May 15
Mine also says delivers May 11 - May 15th. However the apple care protection says ships 24 hours delivers May 4 - 7 and it still says not shipped yet.

Do you get an email reply when the order gets shipped or do you have to keep logging in the apple store to check order status?
QUOTE Thanks
jd627

jd627 is on a distinguished road

I ordered min on Apr 30th, and mine hasn't shipped either!

it says delivers May 8-14

I'm guessing they're going to ship this week....
QUOTE Thanks
orngemelo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd627 View Post
I ordered min on Apr 30th, and mine hasn't shipped either!

it says delivers May 8-14

I'm guessing they're going to ship this week....
Making me nervous though. I've never owned anything Mac. I feel like a kid at X-mas time.

Wondering if they're even going to be able to get the ipad 3g's out this week since you can't find them anywhere.
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus Esprit

Lotus Esprit is an unknown at this point

I ordered my WiFi when I walked into the store. There wasn't any shipping involved they brought it right out and charged my CC on the spot. The whole ordeal took less than 10 minutes.

I ordered my 3G online last week. The Apple store still is giving me a May 14th to 17th window.
QUOTE Thanks
jd627

Quote:
Originally Posted by orngemelo15 View Post
Making me nervous though. I've never owned anything Mac. I feel like a kid at X-mas time.

Wondering if they're even going to be able to get the ipad 3g's out this week since you can't find them anywhere.

I know i was thinking the same thing! I have been calling the 3 apple stores in my area daily to see if they have them in stock, and of course they don't!

I guess time will tell this week!
QUOTE Thanks
orngemelo15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd627 View Post
I know i was thinking the same thing! I have been calling the 3 apple stores in my area daily to see if they have them in stock, and of course they don't!

I guess time will tell this week!
I sure hope so! This is pre-occupying my mind wondering well the heck we'll get a shipping notice. I'm sure that's how all the other people were feeling when they had pre-ordered for the April 29th shipments.
QUOTE Thanks
plmiller0905

I'm guessing that they'll probably start sending shipping notices either later tonight and/or tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't know how they'll meet the delivery May 11 - May 15 deadline.

I've been following another forum/thread about the same matter. And a lot of the people that ordered ipad 32GB were starting to get theirs shipped out Friday and Saturday. But I haven't saw or read anything that much about 16GB ipad's shipping. Apple might prepare a certain model for shipping then send out the shipping notices, then they prepare another model for shipping out those shipping notices and so forth.

So I got my fingers crossed

QUOTE Thanks
jd627

Quote:
I'm guessing that they'll probably start sending shipping notices either later tonight and/or tomorrow. Otherwise, I don't know how they'll meet the delivery May 11 - May 15 deadline.

I've been following another forum/thread about the same matter. And a lot of the people that ordered ipad 32GB were starting to get theirs shipped out Friday and Saturday. But I haven't saw or read anything that much about 16GB ipad's shipping. Apple might prepare a certain model for shipping then send out the shipping notices, then they prepare another model for shipping out those shipping notices and so forth.

So I got my fingers crossed
ughh i wish i ordered the 32gb!
QUOTE Thanks
orngemelo15

I orderd the 64gig 3g model. Which one did you guys order? My order date was May 1 and no shipping yet or charges off my card.
QUOTE Thanks
plmiller0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by orngemelo15 View Post
I orderd the 64gig 3g model. Which one did you guys order? My order date was May 1 and no shipping yet or charges off my card.
I ordered a 16Gb 3g version

QUOTE Thanks
jd627

Quote:
I ordered a 16Gb 3g version
3G 16GB here
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Thinking of buying an ipad. | Uncalibrated screen »