Specs:
    Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
    I have a quick question about Apple shipping
    I apologize in advance if this has been covered already. I just ordered a iPad 16gb 3g from the Apple website. I know it gave me an estimate of May 11-15 for delivery. Now my question is do anyone know or think that it will be take this long to ship the ipad 3g?
    Please give me more APPLES!

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    It should say on the notification on the apple website. Something along the lines of "ships on" or "expected shipping date. There should be a shipping notice given off of Apples website, after you complete the transaction is not the date you will be receiving your ipad, it's the date it will be shipped.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    It should say on the notification on the apple website. Something along the lines of "ships on" or "expected shipping date. There should be a shipping notice given off of Apples website, after you complete the transaction is not the date you will be receiving your ipad, it's the date it will be shipped.
    This is what is states:

Not yet shipped
    Product / Part No.
    Qty

IPAD WI-FI + 3G 16GB-USA
    MC349LL/A

Ships: 5 - 7 business days
    Delivers: May 11 - May 15

I guess it's not bad considering that the closest Apple store near me is 35 miles away and they don;t know when they're going to get more 16 3g ipads in. And in addition to that Bestbuy is also sold out.

Nevertheless, I was just wondering about this shipping because I noticed that it said that it takes approximately 5 days just to ship it. Maybe it takes this long because the high demand for them.

Also I read in a few threads that Apple doesn't charge your card until right before the item is shipped. Is this true? Because my card was charged right away.

Specs:
    error

actually you werent charged yet... if it is anything like mine they put a hold on your account for the amount you were charged and didnt actually bill u. they are just making sure the money is available to start processing it. once its out the door so is ur money

i also am still waiting on ipad... grrr

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterxAce View Post
    actually you werent charged yet... if it is anything like mine they put a hold on your account for the amount you were charged and didnt actually bill u. they are just making sure the money is available to start processing it. once its out the door so is ur money

i also am still waiting on ipad... grrr

My ipad 16GB 3g finally shipped last night. I read numerous posts that my credit card wouldbe charged as soon as it ships. Well my card hasn't been ship and the ipad has been shipped. Should i be worried? I mean I'm not going to even touch my credit card until I see that Apple has charged it.

plmiller and i are in the same boat, after almost 2 weeks mine was "prepared for shipment" then it went into "shipped" I was told on the phone by Apple (yes, I know they usually don't know a darn thing) that the higher than anticipated demand for the iPad has put a strain on the fulfillment department to get them shipped out.

Thread Information