Thread: iPad Webcam

Specs:
    24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
    iPad Webcam
    As many iPad users, I love my new iPad. The only thing I wished it had as of now is a webcam. Does anyone know if the hardware (specifically the 30 pin connector) can support an external webcam so maybe in the future app developers (like Skype) could make video chatting compatible? I know a webcam will probably be in next year's iPad model but I wouldn't need to upgrade if you could just buy a small external camera that clips onto the top of the device...or connects via bluetooth.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by JNL Productions View Post
    I know a webcam will probably be in next year's iPad model but I wouldn't need to upgrade if you could just buy a small external camera that clips onto the top of the device...or connects via bluetooth.
    Which is most likely why Apple won't give the go-ahead to third party vendors for a web cam until a bit after the second gen iPad is out, if at all. If the second gen has a built in web cam, then it's the best reason for people to upgrade, as well as for new users *HI !* to jump on board.

Just my 2 pence.

Doug

Specs:
    24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
    Thanks
    Thanks for the response. You're probably right which is kind of a bummer lol. They have to have something to put into the next model. Although I can't think of much else they would want to add, it already has most everything.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by JNL Productions View Post
    Thanks for the response. You're probably right which is kind of a bummer lol. They have to have something to put into the next model. Although I can't think of much else they would want to add, it already has most everything.
    I can think of something.. How about a built in multi card reader ? I'm tired of CF cards taking a back seat to SD card slots. It would be great if they could at least make a dual slot reader. But then, if they did that.... they couldn't sell their silly dongle. Meh @ me for the dumb thought.

Doug

Thread Information