New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

I Pad Shipping help Please!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jdillman0921

Jdillman0921 is on a distinguished road

I was dumb and did not order my I pad or pre ordered it days ago so now here i am on apples website and i am gonna order the 16 Gb 3g+Wifi right well i wanted to know if anyone knew how long it would take to ship to me ? Is there an option were i can buy over night shipping or is there only the free option?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

You need to modify your shipping option during the checkout process...all options are available from free to overnight:

Apple Store (U.S.)

Hope this helps,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Jdillman0921

Jdillman0921 is on a distinguished road

So it kinda did when i go to check out the I pad order it says
Standard Shipping Free 5-7 days and does not alow me to click any other options like over night etc is the only shipping plan on the i pad 3g 5-7 days?
QUOTE Thanks
MinaMACMan

MinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the roughMinaMACMan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD

you might be mixing the Availability with Shipping.

On the Apple Store Website it says that the 3G+WiFi will start shipping within 5 to 7 days. Free Shipping will probably add another 5 days, while overnight shipping will give you an extra day.

So you are looking at anywhere between 6-8 days if you choose overnight, and 10-14 days if you go with the free option.

Hope that clears it up for you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdillman0921 View Post
So it kinda did when i go to check out the I pad order it says
Standard Shipping Free 5-7 days and does not alow me to click any other options like over night etc is the only shipping plan on the i pad 3g 5-7 days?
Normally most Apple products are "shippable" within 24hrs. Because the iPad is a "HOT" item at the moment...Apple probably has more demand than supply. So if you ordered an iPad today...it probably isn't even built yet...but would be in the next 5-7 days.

So if you upgraded to overnight shipping (for an extra cost of course)...you still wouldn't get the iPad for at least 5-7 days...if not 4-8 days.

I'm only guessing here...but maybe Apple is shipping the iPads that are ordered as fast as possible already (as quickly as they are manufactured)...so maybe there is no way of speeding up the shipping process.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stanza is no longer my favorite APP! | iPad 3G Lines Across The Land »