Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    iPad 3G Lines Across The Land

And for a history lesson
    ipad wi-fi lines
    iPad Lines Around The World

iphone lines
    iPhone Lines Around The World

Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    wow... actually when I go to lunch in a bit I was planning on snapping a couple of pictures at the Palo Alto Apple store (right down the street from me) I bet people hope his Steveness will make another appearance today too like he did for the WiFi launch.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    My wife works a few stores down from an Apple store and today when I picked her up a little after 3:00PM (Arizona time) there were about 6 people lined up outside for the iPad 3G. As a comparison, the morning of the iPad wi-fi release there were 2 lines around the building (approx. 200 people).
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

My buddy and I were 1st and 2nd in line in Naperville!
    Here is a picture from the line at the Naperville Illinois Apple store. Below is the link to the video of the Apple store employees greeting us first people in line for the iPad 3g release.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30sSK...=youtube_gdata
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
    Best buy denied me a 3g
    I am upset with my bb. I called last night...and guy in the know seemed to indicate "no problem"..that I could call in today and he would let me buy over the phone. I reconfirm with him, and made him tell me again.

Today I called at 3:30...and of course he wasn't there and another person apologized for him telling me that...but that they were still figuring it out...on how to sell the ones they had gotten. What a joke.

So, then, they get really stupid. I had a really busy schedule tis afternoon...simply wanted know two things...1) how many did they get and 2) how many were standing in line. Phone rep said, "sorry...that information is confidential". I said...WHAT????? She would not tell me how many were in the store. I tried to explain I just needed to know if I should try in the little time I had...no go.

But she still seemed optomistic that imshould come over there. So I called around 4:30 as I was racing over thee...called to ask if we could get a number and then come back later. "sorry...we gave out all of the numbers already".

Well that just really upsets me.

I stll went in and offered $20 bucks to the line of people with vouchers in their hand...no such luck.

Specs:
    24" iMac 3.06ghz 4gb ram 1tb hdd, 15" Macbook Pro 320gb HDD 4gb ram, iPhone 4 32gb, and iPad 3G 64gb
    @lockerd
    @lockerd Why didn't you just pre order one? I pre ordered mine the day I could and got it 9:46 AM yesterday....before the store release. I'm sure the hype will die down soon enough anyways to where you can just walk into a store and buy one. Good luck

Specs:
    iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
    Quote Originally Posted by JNL Productions View Post
    @lokerd Why didn't you just pre order one? I pre ordered mine the day I could and got it 9:46 AM yesterday....before the store release. I'm sure the hype will die down soon enough anyways to where you can just walk into a store and buy one. Good luck
    Good question.

1) I wasn't completely sure I would want one...then when I played with the Wifi...it was incredible...bought one as soon as I could. Now it needs to be returned...although I have been thinking about keeping two...they are so bloody useful. Reminds me of Picard on ST: TNG...which the tablet computers laying around all over the place. I kind of like that idea.

2) NORMALLY, I like Best Buy. I prefer buying there because of my Reward Zone points...I am always getting free bonuses. Also, although I can (and did for the wifi) pay out right for it, I might as well finance it for 18 months interest free...especially since I am bumping up in memory and adding a warranty.

Just called BB again...they are just not giving out much info on this as to when to expect their special fedex deliveries. Apple must be keeping them on a short leash. The only thing she told me is that she has plenty of Wifi models.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    My local BB has all models, including 3G's sitting in the lock box for all to see.
    My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
    Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.

Thread Information