Unhappy So will Apple stores have 3G stock on friday?
    Given the delay in 3G pre-orders... does that mean there will be no stock of 3Gs instore on friday? only via pre-orders to be delivered a week later?
    Thanks

I just called my local Apple Store and the guy on the phone said they don't know if they're gonna have any tomorrow. No iPad at all right now and they have not idea when they will receive them. and it's gonna even more difficult if you haven't reserved one.

There will be plenty. The 30th will be nothing like the 3rd.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
    I'm not sure about Apple, but I was at my local Best Buy this morning and I asked them about the 3G and the sales guy said, "Yep, we got them and they will be available for sale after 5:00 PM on Friday." I don't want one, but just FYI.
    My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
    Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.

Specs:
    iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger-63 View Post
    I'm not sure about Apple, but I was at my local Best Buy this morning and I asked them about the 3G and the sales guy said, "Yep, we got them and they will be available for sale after 5:00 PM on Friday." I don't want one, but just FYI.
    Just called my local BB in Beaumont, Tx...said they didn't have them in the store as of right now...but fully expecting to be ready for sale at 5:00.

VERY cool!!!

Drew -- Drew Loker Photography - About Me

Quote Originally Posted by Voony View Post
    I just called my local Apple Store and the guy on the phone said they don't know if they're gonna have any tomorrow. No iPad at all right now and they have not idea when they will receive them. and it's gonna even more difficult if you haven't reserved one.
    Do you mean pre-order one? Apple never gave the option to "reserve" the 3G. That option was only for the Wifi release.

I called my local Apple store and they told me that they will have plenty of all models available at 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. I talked to my favorite sales guy and mentioned that I can't get into the store until Saturday or Sunday and he told me not to worry....they will have plenty of stock available.

My brother has to go pick one up for me in NYC. The 5th Ave store will probably be a zoo so downtown or a BB might be a better option.
    Also I am hoping they have enough stock of the 32G and 64G since they are more expensive. I asked my brother to buy a 32G but if not then a 64G.

He then has to ship it to me in London which will add some to the cost.
    Cant wait!!

Thread Information