New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad Screen Turned Green and Fuzzy

Thread Closed

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Yesterday, my ipads screen got all green and fuzzy. As I was studying,, less than 30 minutes ago, the screen got really bad again. I booked a genius bar appointment as soon as I saw it. arghhh. Anyone else notice this? I have the wifi 32gb version. The screen looses all of it's colors, shows just green, and looks like fuzzy lines similar to a TV with horrible reception, but instead of it being white and black lines, its green and black. Why me?? I am currently waiting at the apple store for my appointment.
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Wow no green here use it about 8 hours a day.
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Update:
Got some good news and some bad news.
Good news: They replaced it right away…less than 1 minute!
Bad news: They said this has been a known problem throughout ipad the lineup

I was really hesitant to pick up another one for exchange, but I have already gotten so used to it. Plus, they said they had already written about my problem if it does happen again, so even if it happened again after the 30 day return policy, I could still return it and get my money back. I will definitely get apple care on this!

I know this might sound weird, but I think the problem might have something to do with the game SPARKLE HD. It all started when played that game for about 1 hour. I'm going to try the game again to see if it really is the cause of this problem. Though, that was the only game I have played for more than 15 minutes.
BadApple

Maybe change the title of this thread to see what others haven issues,
macguy90

macguy90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor

Hmmm, not an issue that I've seen on the iPad discussion boards before but sounds pretty weird. Glad the Apple Store took care of it!
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Maybe change the title of this thread to see what others haven issues,
I would if I could. Maybe the mods can change change it to "iPad Green screen" or something. I would have made it fit more accordingly if I knew the problem was as common as they made it seem. I haven't even been successful in finding other people with the same problem when searching online!

EDIT: Seems to be a problem with the graphics chip connection, or something along those lines. Got this info after calling apple care. People have reported either blue, red, or green colors taking over the screen, along with horizontal/vertical lines, depending on orientation.

I also found some posts on Apples site if you search under "iPad" and type in either, "green," "blue," or "red screen"
BadApple

Hummmm Ill
watch for it.
BadApple

iPad graphics problems. - Mac Forums
tiger roach

tiger roach has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz

Yikes, this is the first I've heard of this.

At least they replaced it with no hassle.
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Thanks BadApple! That looks EXACTLY the same, but just not on that game(since I don't have it). That is how it would look the first time the problem would look, but then it will progress to the black/green fuzzy lines. I commented back on macrumors too
BadApple

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Thanks BadApple! That looks EXACTLY the same, but just not on that game(since I don't have it). That is how it would look the first time the problem would look, but then it will progress to the black/green fuzzy lines. I commented back on macrumors too
Youn are welcome linked the other thread to here.
marigrace

marigrace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yesterday, my ipads screen got all green and fuzzy. As I was studying,, less than 30 minutes ago, the screen got really bad again. I booked a genius bar appointment as soon as I saw it. arghhh. Anyone else notice this? I have the wifi 32gb version. The screen looses all of it's colors, shows just green, and looks like fuzzy lines similar to a TV with horrible reception, but instead of it being white and black lines, its green and black. Why me?? I am currently waiting at the apple store for my appointment.
This happened to my Ipad ,too, just this morning; and i just bought it yesterday. I will have to bring it back to the apple store tomorrow.
F33L

F33L is on a distinguished road

oh hi i just registed only to tell you that i would love to see a pic of that greenish ipad pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase
umfanangel

umfanangel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I had the same issue with my ipad ... they sad that it couuld of fell on gently on a carpet or table and some technical cable got loose to make it green and fuzzy... so they went ahead and switched out my ipad for another. They were pretty quick and as a bonus for a waiting for a little bit beyonce knowles was there. It was hectic there

Thread Closed

« Reduced pricing when new comes out? | Im buying an Ipad. wondering about 3g »