New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Wifi issues - my experience

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mu2002cs

mu2002cs is on a distinguished road

Thought i would post my wifi experiences. Maybe others have answers

- I have had no problems connecting or staying connected to free wifi locations such as hotel, airport, star bucks,etc

- I regularly drop on my home network. Will either restart automatically or, more frequently, ask for my wep password to re-join

- I use a cradle point phs300 with my air card. No problems yet, after a week

What are others experiencing?

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Change your encryption from WEP to WPA or WPA2. Have seen that solve this many times. On top of the fact that any 12 year old that really wants to can crack WEP in a matter of minutes.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Let me hack your thread and ask you a question about using WiFi in starbucks: how does work if you have an iPhone (I've been told that you can have access for free right?)
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

No problem on any of my three using a airport extreme, no drops at all
QUOTE Thanks
Ryne

Ryne is on a distinguished road

Wi-Fi on my home network has been solid except for one drop that reconnected within seconds. Have not tried public wi-fi spots yet.

My Short Fiction At Dark & Darker

Follow Me On Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Didn't even notice it was posted in the iPad section at first. But, since there are issues with some Macs in general using WEP (probably has to do more with the individual routers, since many have no issues), switching the encryption is worth a shot.

I have had no more issues with my iPad than I have with my Macs, which is basically none. I do have two wireless networks set up though, one at each end of the house and easy to enough to switch between them if I start noticing any little drop off as I'm moving around inside or out.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How long did it take to receive your ipad? | Current ipad owners »