New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 3G Shipping Notice???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Has anyone actually gotten notice on shipment of their iPad 3G? Apple touched my credit card last week (still shows as pending charge) and from other posts here I expect delivery on Friday the 30th, but would be nice to see indication of actual movement of product.
QUOTE Thanks
MacJock

MacJock is on a distinguished road

i talked with an apple rep this morning and he told me that my order would ship on the 29th because i placed my order the day before the april 19th cut off to get it delivered on late april. so it looks like i wont be getting mine until next week and that sucks but a few extra days to wait wont kill me.

MacBook Pro unibody 13inch 2.5 ghz 4 gigs of ram 250 gig hd iphone 3gs 32 gig white
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I ordered mine on Mar 12th, so based on what you were told, mine should ship by the 29th at the latest.
QUOTE Thanks
cjj14u

cjj14u is on a distinguished road

So I ordered mine on 3/24....
Have not checked to see if the cc has been charged....
Does that mean I should get it on Friday 4/30?
QUOTE Thanks
elnhuk

elnhuk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 64GB WiFi+3G Ipad, 15" i7 MPB

Last word I got was last week by e-mail which said your Ipad will ship in late April. ano word since then. And i ordered mine on 3 April. So I guess it will be next week.
I am sending Apple much money as I also ordered a Macbook Pro 15 which because it was a "custom" will ship somewhere between 3 May and 6 May.
Waiting is a drag!

David
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Not to complain too much but I was told specifically that if the iPad was pre-ordered "before the 19th cut off date" then you would receive it the same day it launched in the Apple stores. If this doesn't happen I might have to complain my way into a free accessory at least! =)
QUOTE Thanks
mexipat

mexipat is on a distinguished road

I ordered mine April 13. My credit card showed the pending charge on Sunday but hasn't been finalized yet.
QUOTE Thanks
ipad3g

ipad3g is on a distinguished road

Purchased mine on April 7, credit card still hasn't been billed...no shipping notification...beginning to wonder how in the world it will arrive on April 30.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Yeah I am starting to hope that it just ships by the 30th....Oh well.
QUOTE Thanks
iWanna

iWanna is on a distinguished road

My charge is also sitting as a pending item on my credit card. I would have thought if the item is to arrive by Friday then the shipment should have occured by now. I had a couple other items come from China and they shipped on a Friday (late) and I receieved the following Thursday.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

I dont know how im going to get it on the 30th if it hasnt left china yet! >:-(

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
ipad3g

I just called apple online store and the guy I spoke to said that the ipad (purchased online April 7) would indeed ARRIVE TO ME on April 30. I questioned him saying "your telling me it will ship from China in the next 2 and a half days and get to me by Friday?" He assured me that was the case. Still no charge on my credit card either...we will see I guess.

(BTW I should have told him my card still hasn't been charged and asked it that was normal...it seems like it should have been by now.)
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

I'm still holding out hope for a Friday delivery. A friend of mine recently ordered an iPod Nano and had it engraved for his wife. He commented that the tracking on the shipment originated in China and it was delivered to his door within 2 days of placing the order.
QUOTE Thanks
ipad3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I'm still holding out hope for a Friday delivery. A friend of mine recently ordered an iPod Nano and had it engraved for his wife. He commented that the tracking on the shipment originated in China and it was delivered to his door within 2 days of placing the order.
That is encouraging!
QUOTE Thanks
Huzzah

Huzzah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodarhythm View Post
I dont know how im going to get it on the 30th if it hasnt left china yet! >:-(
I've seen a lot of discussion about whether the arrival of the iPad 3g is still accurate given the lack of shipment notice so far.

There is still hope though. I figure Apple is smart enough to pull together a supply chain approach where the iPad 3Gs are mass shipped to a regional warehouse/holding facility. It would be cheaper to ship that way, could be done over time to reduce risk, and can be very precise to coordinate arrival of all units on same day (I have an MBA in Global Operations Management, and this is how I would coordinate it). They could also do this over time in large batches to reduce risk of a single point of failure.

If done properly, this could create a day of travel for the device (Thursday) to a delivery facility, and a day to actually deliver (Friday). This approach can be tough to execute though, so if they are doing this and pull it off their supply chain EVP deserves a huge amount of recognition in my opinion.

Yes, I'm stoked to get the device. No, I'm not freaking out about it. Yes, I think they can get the units to everyone this Friday as long as shipment notices go out no later than by 8am Thu.

My two cents at least...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iAd | Refurbished ipad »