New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Problem with Apple iPad Case

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Paulie420

Paulie420 is on a distinguished road

I bought my iPad on release day and picked up the Apple iPad Case to go with it. My problems with the functionality of the case is a completely separate issue but I am rewlly interested in others have the same issue as I do. I cant imagine that you DON'T!

On the iPad Case, here is a rectangular section on the back where the case itself slips into a tab so you can do the picture frame thing or have the keyboard elevated a bit. Great feature...

Bad side effect. My iPad is MARKED on the back in the exact spot where the case is indented. Also, around the iPad where the case ends is starting to mark up.

However, the rectangular bit is VERY noticeable and dark. Almost looks like the aluminum version of when the 3GS's were turning colors. (To brown.)

So, I've had my case installed since release day, and I'm sure many of you have too... Please pull off the cover and report. Duh, I'll post a couple pics. This issue can hopefully be documented and fixed!

Gosh forbid, I hope my iPad isn't PERMANENTLY marked. I wouldn't assume so, but you know who they say make ASSumptions. If so, what help can I expect from Apple?

If this is a true issue, wouldn't I be entitled to return the iPad Case at the very least?! I mean, not to mention that the thing sucks in the first lace, it seems like this is an Apple product thats not actually usable with their hardware! Ha.

I will post pics today, well if I can figure out how to load from my iPad as its all I have available.

Post away, i think a lot of you are going to pull of that case to see the same markings as i have. Remember, mine has been on since 10 minutes after 9am release day.

Hmmmmmm..... No HUGE deal, but I think I'm DONE with this case... There are so many better options and i bet they don't damage the iPad.

Paulie420

Apple iPhone 3G, Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple iPad Wifi, Apple iMac
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Pics!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Well why don't you ask Apple first what they would do about it?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

There is no damage.

Have already noticed this on mine. Mine's been on there since about 9:30 that morning. Goes to the office with me practically every day. Travels out to visit with clients and even using it to take notes in the field. I'm in construction.

It's like a suction mark where that part of the case sits tighter against the back.

A moist paper towel takes it right off.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Just checked mine, been on since 4.5.10, and no mark at all.

Maybe the ones that have it are getting a little warm?

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

It's really hard to see also. Almost impossible under bright fluorescent lighting. Had to hold mine under a 20 watt bulb at just the right angle to see it. (That just happens to be the wattage of the bulb by my recliner.)

The main issue I have with the case was their lack of consideration that some of us will want to have it in the case and still be able to use the iPad dock or the Keyboard dock. It could have been manufactured properly to begin with instead of requiring the need of taking a knife to it for surgery.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I just got the invisible shield on my iPad what do u guys think about it . | Weird ipad purchasing limit »