iPad won't mount in iTunes
    i just bought a new 32GB iPad and 17" MBP with the i7 processor. i activated it on this computer, everything mounted ok. then i used the iPad with its intended use, now i tried to mount it back into the computer and its not showing up in iTunes.

i looked it up in Google, Apple.com, and some other forums and they said to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. i did that, the ipad mounted again. a day later, it won't mount again.

this is quite frustrating. anyone else having the same problems? is it an iTunes, iPad, or my MBP that is faulty? i can use all the help i can get. im about to leave to study abroad next week, so i need to sort this out soon.

thanks!

I believe you get 90 days of free phone support with purchase of the iPad. Did you check software update?

Quote Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
    i just bought a new 32GB iPad and 17" MBP with the i7 processor. i activated it on this computer, everything mounted ok. then i used the iPad with its intended use, now i tried to mount it back into the computer and its not showing up in iTunes.

i looked it up in Google, Apple.com, and some other forums and they said to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. i did that, the ipad mounted again. a day later, it won't mount again.

this is quite frustrating. anyone else having the same problems? is it an iTunes, iPad, or my MBP that is faulty? i can use all the help i can get. im about to leave to study abroad next week, so i need to sort this out soon.

thanks!

Have you made sure that you have updated your iTunes to the very latest version? I had the same problem but not since I updated my iTunes.

Specs:
    MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
    I have to agree with the previous 2 posters.

Also, I have a MacBook and had this problem with my iPod Touch before. Turns out I was running into some bug with iTunes that when I haven't restarted my MacBook in a while (over a month) it just isn't very happy and doesn't see the iPod.

A quick reboot fixed that issue, but with the latest iTunes update that problem isn't there any more.

Good Luck.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Ditto with what MinaMACMan! I had the same problem with my second(after returning my first one), and restarting my mbp did the trick.

Thread Information