New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad 3G Ships around May 7th

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DarkestSoul X21

DarkestSoul X21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M

Just thought you guys would want to see this....

iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)
QUOTE Thanks
MacJock

MacJock is on a distinguished road

i placed my order on the 18th and in my status it says that its shipping in late April? i hope it comes in the next few weeks. thanks for the info.

MacBook Pro unibody 13inch 2.5 ghz 4 gigs of ram 250 gig hd iphone 3gs 32 gig white
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus Esprit

Lotus Esprit is an unknown at this point

This is only for new orders, the orginal ones should still ship in late April. Whatever that means.
QUOTE Thanks
elnhuk

elnhuk is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 64GB WiFi+3G Ipad, 15" i7 MPB

I just got a message from Apple saying that my Ipad will ship "in late April" as previously stated.
David
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

i ordered mine earlier this month. In my order it still says "late april". Am I not going to get it until the middle of may???

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Oh man, that sucks. I was really hoping to get it by the end of this week or early next week.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
goddess_of_go

goddess_of_go is on a distinguished road

I too just received email saying that my order would ship at the end of April as originally expected. I think they want to actively fight the perception that they might be late with the 3G. I sure hope they will be on time.

EDIT: oh god, this sucks. It is actually on the Apple web site. Maybe they are just trying to be safe with expectations. I want this for a trip I am taking on the 13th.

Terri
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

so... where is my email? lol when did you guys order your ipads?

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Oh man, that sucks. I was really hoping to get it by the end of this week or early next week.
Sucks to have to wait till late May too like some of us do. It could be worse for you. At least you get your ipad soon.
QUOTE Thanks
traylorc

traylorc is on a distinguished road

Some of us have received the e-mails saying our 3gs will be shipped by late April.

It's unclear whether the May 7th shipping date applies to everyone, or does that date apply to any who places an order from this point on? It is not totally unreasonable to expect Apple to do a staggered rollout of the 3g units. Take care of the customers who pre-ordered their units and get their units shipped by late April. Those customers who place orders from this point forward would have their units shipped no later than May 7th.

Just a guess on my part...more likely wishful thinking.
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

There is no reason to stress if you pre-ordered and where told it was going to ship late April the site still states the same. As for new orders these are the orders to be shipped on a later date.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

I got the email enforcing the late April ship date, however I spoke with an Apple Rep while I was ordering my 3G and he specifically said that they should arrive on the day the iPad actually launches in the Apple Store, so hopefully that is before May. Also, i have received two different accessories I ordered at the same time, and assuming the iPad ships from the same place as them, they got to me in 2-3 days once shipped. From China, not bad at all.
QUOTE Thanks
goddess_of_go

goddess_of_go is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodarhythm View Post
so... where is my email? lol when did you guys order your ipads?
I ordered mine March 27th.

Terri
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
There is no reason to stress if you pre-ordered and where told it was going to ship late April the site still states the same. As for new orders these are the orders to be shipped on a later date.
This is what I'm hoping. That any preorders made before the change will still be shipping within the next 10 days while any new preorders will be shipping by mid-May, similar to the Wi-Fi version.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

I got a ship date of May 4th when I called MacMall on my pre order. I don't know how accurate that is, but that's what the fellow on the line told me.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bluetooth headsets | wireless upload network share ipad »