Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Care?

Specs:
    21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M
    Apple Care?
    Hey everyone, I'm going to be ordering the iPad 3G 32 GB model and I'm wondering if Apple Care will be worth it or a waste of money.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestSoul X21 View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm going to be ordering the iPad 3G 32 GB model and I'm wondering if Apple Care will be worth it or a waste of money.

I don't think it's worth it. If it was a Mac or Macbook Pro that would be different.

I am kind of on the fence with this one too. I think I am going to wait 6 months or so before I decide if I want to purchase the Apple Care. You have one year of coverage anyway, and you can always buy the Apple Care before it expires.

Specs:
    32G iPad
    I will pass, even if it's out of warranty Apple has covered items in the past.

Specs:
    Macbook pro,2009,Yosemite, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram 320gb. Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.
    I got applecare when I ordered my Ipad wifi. I figure after spending 800.00 plus, whats another 100.00.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I'm going to have to also pass on applecare. I've had many small apple products and have never needed apple care since the first ipod came out. When I did need applecare, it was on my ipod video, which ran out of the extended apple care warranty anyways(battery was gone after 4 years)…ended up fixing it myself for 9 bucks!

The only reason I would have that would make me buy apple care is one thing…peace of mind! Also, wait till the first year on the original warranty is up before you buy it. You might be able so snag one for even cheaper than 100 bucks if you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkestSoul X21 View Post
    I never get these extended warranties on items of this type. The underwriters know that they are only going to have to pay out on 20 to 25% of the claims. In 2 years there will be a better iPad out and you would be better off putting the money for the Apple Care twords that.

Extended Warranties are good for household appliances like washers, dryers, and refrigerators.

a good thing about buying an applecare support. they are always online to help you out and if your hardware fails? they fixed it first and if they cannot fix it, they will replace it.

example of my mouse on my macpro. they asked me to clean the small roller ball but it did not fix the scroll up issue/trouble. so they've decided to send me a new mouse (same model) for free.

provided that i give them a credit card number. why? they need an assurance if you did not return the mouse in 10 days, they will charge my credit card with 53$.

they use fedex courier by the way.

i may say buying an applecare for 500$ or less is not worth it. it has it's warranty. but for rich kids out there, 100$ is nothing. LOL!
    --------------------------
    ~cantus

Specs:
    Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
    Those of you deciding to pinch pennies to forego Apple Care are misguided. Just wait till your phone accidentally drops and the screen breaks. Except for a few circumstances, the screne replacement will come out of your pocket. Cost of the screne alone is $199. Apple Care has more than paid for itself.

its use less. short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by jrichard012 View Post
    Those of you deciding to pinch pennies to forego Apple Care are misguided. Just wait till your phone accidentally drops and the screen breaks. Except for a few circumstances, the screne replacement will come out of your pocket. Cost of the screne alone is $199. Apple Care has more than paid for itself.
    Different strokes. I've never bought a warranty and think it's misguided to do so.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    With the iPad I would wait to get the AppleCare until close to the 1-year anniversary, then evaluate.

Another option is that some credit card companies will double the warranty of a purchased product. If you can, buy your iPad with one of those, and that gives you two years of coverage without any extra charge.

Links allowed? Here's a great article on TUAW about AppleCare.

In one instance, it wouldn't have paid off for the author. However, on his other Apple purchase, Applecare paid for itself--- and the Applecare for the first, well behaved product.

AppleCare without Apple stores... still worth it

Myself, I'll be waiting for the first year coverage to run out before purchasing... I may or may not get it... Hmmmmm.
    Paulie420

Apple iPhone 3G, Apple iPhone 3GS, Apple iPad Wifi, Apple iMac

for me? NOT worth it ...
    --------------------------
    ~cantus

Extended warranties are a gamble... simple as that. No company offers extended warranties out of the goodness of their hearts... they do it because they know they will bring in more money than what they pay out overall. Yes... sometimes an extended warranty will pay off. So will a lottery ticket. In the long run, you will spend more money on extended warranties if you pay it on everything than you will get back out of them. You can hedge that a bit if you are a "smart gambler" by evaluating the odds on any given device and its warranty option. Me... I've never bought an extended warranty on an Apple device, and have never had an occasion to need one.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information