New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad dock and Ipad cover don't work well together

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

I was able to pick up a returned dock from best buy for $20 (instead of $29.99). Absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I like that it's portable and can slip it into my bag and holds up the Ipad a lot better then the slip on cover from apple does.

But I had to remove the Ipad from the cover in order for dock to charge the Ipad.

So then I went and did what I do best.

and I snipped away the edges around the port, so that the Ipad and the dock could make a closer contact and charge the Ipad without removing it from the cover.

For $40 a pop, I wish someone in R&D at Apple would have taken just one moment and tested to see if the Ipad with a cover on it, would work with the dock before they decided to send it to production.

It's the little things .....
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Need to do that to mine, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Naked and dock for me
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Naked and dock for me
Haha! Too much information. We don't need to know what you wear when you use your iPad. J/K

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
gbarrsh

gbarrsh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
Naked and dock for me
I agree naked looks much sexier
QUOTE Thanks
Doc750

Doc750 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbarrsh View Post
I agree naked looks much sexier

I always wrap, and sometimes double wrap.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

This is unfortunate. I could understand if a third party case didn't work with the dock, but you would think Apple would do a better job at engineering its own products.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

This has always been a problem with the iPhones too. I think apple's rationale might be that if you have the case, you don't need the dock. But I don't know if you can plus the cord into the iPad and still have it stand up.

I am still eagerly awaiting my chance to get a case, but they seem much more scarce than the iPads themselves, which I can't understand for the life of me.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'm going to have to agree with the majority on this one, this is pretty stupid of apple to not think about this! There must to be a pretty good reason for them not to…maybe overheating while charging?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« When Friends Say... | iPad File Sharing »