New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

A very nice blog about the ipad is for creativity

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

A very nice blog about the ipad is for creativity

Why the iPad is a creativity machine - Computerworld

This guy really gets the ipad. And how it can really be a creativity machine. Or the start of a big creativity project, be it writing, art, music, research or something else.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestSoul X21

DarkestSoul X21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M

I agree with everything that guy has said.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Makes me feel better about my upcoming iPad

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Excellent article, and I agree 100%.

Korg made a beat box that was introduced in 1999. I wanted one, but they cost around $900. Korg released that same beat box on the iPad for $10. I got it..... And make drum loops with it, and record them into my sequencer on my computer. Very cool..... And just one little example of the kind of thing the author was talking about.

The biggest surprise to me about the ipad is the ways I am finding to use it, that I never expected.

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Very nice article. Thanks for the link
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
The biggest surprise to me about the ipad is the ways I am finding to use it, that I never expected.
That is what happened with my iPhone and it is what I suspect will happen with my future iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
Drjones

Drjones is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post

Such as? I'm very, very close to pulling the trigger on a 3G model...
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Excellent article.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjones View Post
Such as? I'm very, very close to pulling the trigger on a 3G model...
Sorry, forgot about this thread.....

Between iBooks, Goodreader, Kindle, eReader, and Kobo I can read just about any ebook there is. No limitations. So much better than a format limiting ebook reader, that I sold my Sony Reader.

Great games. Excellent crossword, chess, RPG's, action.... Etc good and can only get better. So good i've sold my Nintendo DS lite.

Because the iPad is "instant on" it is so much easier to check email or do a quick net look up. To get the current weather takes all of maybe 10 seconds from boot up, get info, shut down. I realized yesterday that I have not turned my home desktop on in a week! And i've only had my netbook on twice, both times to sync the iPad. It is so quick and easy to use.

I do lists.... For example... Using the free Dragon Dictation. I turn on the pad and start Dragon, maybe a 5 second process. Speak whatever ... Beer, pork skins...... Few hours later cheap wine, high fat snacks..... When i'm ready to go to the store I just use Dragon to email the list it made to my iPhone, and use it in the store.....

Making beats, and sketching. Apps are out there already, and plenty more to come, that are great as artistic tools. The iPad is s great "sketch pad" for music, art, ideas...etc. I even find the included "notes" app more useful than the iPhone one. Great photography apps as well, and of course more to come.

I am not a movie or TV type person, but If I were, Netflicks is awesome. I have checked out the ABC app, and it looks really good on the iPad screen. The few times I do want to watch a video, it is perfect.

There are already some good science apps, but I trust the best is yet to come. The device is well suited as an education tool. I can see development of "hands on" exploration and lab simulation. The kind of thing that stimulates the desire to learn, rather than stifle it. I dislike the passive nature of TV educational programing. I want for example to look at art in the museum at my pace, and read about what i'm seeing, not watch it pass quickly by on a screen. There is already an app that does just that...

Anyway, sorry for the ramble.......

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Think of selling wifi on ebay for a wifi+3G | Sales outside of US »