Specs:
    Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
    How speedy do you think 3g will be when it comes?
    I've read that 3g can be painfully slow. Since I've never used 3g and I have a 3g iPad on order, I love to know if this is accurate or an exaggeration. Thanks.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I had my iphone tethered to my mbp at one point, and I can tell you that it was fast enough that I would have never thought I was running on a cell phone…though I'm not sure if I can say it was like surfing the internet on the iphone. I doubt there would be any change in internet speeds. The 3g on my iphone has been slow, but you are running off a wireless tower connection, so I expect it to have some changes in speed depending on the area I'm in.

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Really depends on where you are. If you're in an area with a lot of 3G users (iPhone, iPad and other 3G devices) then it's gonna be slow since the network will be clogged up. However, if you're in an area that has good 3G coverage but fewer users per square mile (like most suburbs), then it'll be nice and speedy.

June 2007
    July 2009

I tether my iPhone to my laptop & usually get at least 1-2Mbps down.

wally bmck
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Really depends on where you are. If you're in an area with a lot of 3G users (iPhone, iPad and other 3G devices) then it's gonna be slow since the network will be clogged up. However, if you're in an area that has good 3G coverage but fewer users per square mile (like most suburbs), then it'll be nice and speedy.

Yes. I have only had issues with network speed or connectivity in really large cities like D.C. and occasionally S.F.

Thread Information