New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Rumour Telstra and Optus will sell ipads on Australian launch date.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Rumour Telstra and Optus will sell ipads on Australian launch date. The article also says Vodaphone and 3 want in on the action too.

Telcos set for local iPad launch | The Australian
QUOTE Thanks
JohnLynch

JohnLynch is on a distinguished road

If they have a monthly plan and you get it for "free", I may actually get the 3G model.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well you can get the 3G model and just use wi-fi mode till a resonably priced 3G service comes around. But if you get the wi-fi only and a 3G services comes leter you can't use it.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnLynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Well you can get the 3G model and just use wi-fi mode till a resonably priced 3G service comes around. But if you get the wi-fi only and a 3G services comes leter you can't use it.
The problem with the 3G models is they're $125 US. The cheap Wi-Fi model that should be $540 if we're going by current exchange rates will probably be $660. I won't be surprised if the 3G model is around $900 which IMO is simply too much.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

I agree. I'd want to get a 3g ipad just cause I can, even though I'm more a wi-fi person. But if it's $900 here which as you pointed out it very well could be, then I'm out. I just think as you do that $900 is way to much for an ipad.

$900 is half or more (depending on which imac you want) towards an imac. So I think we will see if Apple know what affordably priced is or if they just say it and have no concept of the real meaning there. May 10 we will all know.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

More news on this subject.
Optus won't subsidise Apple's iPad - Laptop & Notebook computers
QUOTE Thanks
JohnLynch

Somewhat disappointing, but hardly surprising given rumours say they might not even be allowed to sell them.
QUOTE Thanks
traylorc

traylorc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I agree.
$900 is half or more (depending on which imac you want) towards an imac. So I think we will see if Apple know what affordably priced is or if they just say it and have no concept of the real meaning there. May 10 we will all know.
Apple has always employed a premium pricing strategy. So I don't see them revising this strategy given the increasing popularity and demand of the ipad.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Man had his ipad stolen and finger ripped off his hand | Camera Connector Help!!!! Won't play Videos. »