New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

When Friends Say...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

toby4059

toby4059 is on a distinguished road

I don't know about you guys but every time I even say the word iPad people say ,"Oh, it's just a big iPod Touch." At first I didn't have a good reply but now I compare it to flatscreen tv's. I say it's like saying a 40 inch tv is just a big 10 inch tv , and then they start to see things my way. Hopes this helps people
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

I like the IPad but that is pretty much what it is, what is the big deal anyway?
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

I was anti- iPad until I saw it in action.

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

The simple truth is, many people just don't "get it". Many think they need a full on OS like OSX, Windows or even Linux. One of then things I like about my iPad is the fact that it is not my desktop in another form factor. I can do 95% of the things I do on s bloated, over kill computer on my pad. In other words my day to day web, email, games, photos, music, video...etc. I now use my desktop for just music creation and photoshop. Everything else I do, I do on my pad. Pad is very portage, fast and stable. It makes the keyboard and mouse seem old school.

People don.t see it, but devices like the iPad are the future. It will take them a while, but as the years unfold, they will get it. Most homes don't need a traditional commuter, they need a personal computing device...... Like the iPad, and the many variants to come.

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
Tactical Apple

Tactical Apple is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 3GS

This is I say when people say its a big iPod Touch

Lols funny how 99% of you people who complain about the iPad have not even touched one for themselves and yet they complain about it.
You guys need to see that the iPad is NOT ABOUT THE SPEC's. Its on the experience on using the iPad.
The iPad is NOT necessary but its fun to use and thats what Apple was planing on it for. It is also something NOT to be compared to a Labtop, it is not suspose to replace that genre.
Dont say the product sucks because its a overgrown iPod Touch, so what? Does that mean it sucks? No, its fun to use but its not necessary.
Its something you need to see and play with your own hands (yes yes, thats what she said rolleyes.gif ) to really see what its like, rather then the specs and pure thoughts through the internet.
Look at the iPhone when it first came out and the negative things people said, look at it now.

Well not in real life but on the forums.
QUOTE Thanks
mexipat

mexipat is on a distinguished road

At first, I wasn't interested when I read it was nothing more than a big Ipod Touch. Then I gave it some thought. I love my Ipod Touch. A bigger one would be fantastic. I have ordered the 3g and hope it ships next week.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

To the original poster.

I see your reasoning for why you do not think it is just a bigger ipod touch.
But personally I think in many ways it is just a big ipod touch. And that's why I think the ipad is cool. Well one of the ways .
QUOTE Thanks
DriftNismo

DriftNismo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs:  13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold

It's true, it is a big iPod touch. But the iPod touch is a fantastic device in itself, a bigger one is even better . And it seems to be the only device where the phrase "The whole web in your hands" applies perfectly.

 13" MacBook Air | 1.8Ghz i7 | 4GB | 256GB SSD | OS X 10.9.5 
 iPhone 5S | Gold | 32GB 
QUOTE Thanks
ZorroAMG

ZorroAMG is a jewel in the roughZorroAMG is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: | '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |

Your new reply should be:

"And how is that a bad thing" then wait for them to come up with another brilliant quip.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

They'll probably say it costs more, to which you can say "duh, bigger screen!". For further comments, see the OP's respond above.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Even though I sold mine, It's still a really cool device. It's not for everyone and like the other post' above it's not a replacement of anything else nor is it a necessity.

Like everyone else said, So what if it's a giant iPod Touch at $499 it's not a bad price.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG View Post
Your new reply should be:

"And how is that a bad thing" then wait for them to come up with another brilliant quip.
That's pretty much my response to people. I like the OS, I would love for it to be on a bigger screen. Hence, the iPad

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« pad price and availability | Ipad dock and Ipad cover don't work well together »