New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Current ipad owners

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

10 days or so after release, would you still recommend purchasing an ipad? I'm looking at the 32 gb 3G version.

Any buyer's remorse?
QUOTE Thanks
WhoMe

WhoMe is on a distinguished road

I got mine Friday and I have a lot of feelings about my iPad. Remourse is certianly not one of them. This thing is awsome. I reach for this thing all the time. My net book is sad.
QUOTE Thanks
ellenm

ellenm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD

I got my iPad a week ago and love it. I'm going into debt with Apple products but once I played with the iPad I couldn't leave without one. It's great. I was able to go see my great niece today who is 4 months old and she was watching Sesame Street videos and Dancing with the Stars on the ABC app. She has good taste!

No buyer's remorse here!

Twitter - simplyiphonenow
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Wasn't going to buy one. Bored last Friday. Went to the Apple Store. Bought the iPad. This thing is NEVER going back. Now I want the 3G version. Thing is sweet.
QUOTE Thanks
tenashus1

tenashus1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7

Sounds really great! Thanks for the responses so far folks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
Wasn't going to buy one. Bored last Friday. Went to the Apple Store. Bought the iPad. This thing is NEVER going back. Now I want the 3G version. Thing is sweet.
Mdfuller's response is exactly what's going to happen to hundreds of thousands of people over the summer, and probably more still as we head into the holidays. I have a hard time not seeing the iPad as *the* hot gift for well-to-do people this year.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

Some analyst projected the 1st Gen iPad to sell about 7 million copies during it's lifetime.

That would be a HUGE success. I don't doubt it either, but the experience that happened with mdfuller is going to happen to a lot of people.. Whether they play with it in the Apple Store, their friends or family members iPad, or simply buy one on intuition, Apple has another hit on their hands.

I wasn't very interested in it to begin with, mainly because I already have an iPod Touch and my MacBook, and didn't exactly see where it would fit in line in terms of daily use.. However, after seeing everything about it and watching/reading about other's experiences with it, it's definitely peaked my interest.

Once I save up the extra $$, I'll definitely give the purchase of an iPad heavy consideration.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), BenQ second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac23 View Post
Some analyst projected the 1st Gen iPad to sell about 7 million copies during it's lifetime.
Sounds like that analyst is assuming the iPad will be replaced with another model in a year's time. I'd guess longer myself (not counting very minor refreshes or OS updates, that is -- I'm talking about a true v2 iPad, I'd say we won't see it before 2012.

I think 7M in its first full year of availability is a very achievable goal. At the rate they're going they'll have moved a million units before the iPad is available for sale outside the US.
QUOTE Thanks
Mac23

Mac23 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, my bad.. Did NOT mean to say lifetime! Meant to say first year..

My goodness, It's about time for bed!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post
10 days or so after release, would you still recommend purchasing an ipad? I'm looking at the 32 gb 3G version.

Any buyer's remorse?
I went to apple and bestbuy yesterday, expecting them to at least have one kind of ipad version, but everyone was sold out. I was bummed out when I went home empty handed. I still like it very much for what I want out of it. If you don't know what you want from it, I would suggest rethink your plan. What are you looking to get out of it?
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenashus1 View Post

Any buyer's remorse?
Yes.
&
No.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Nope, love mine more each day.
QUOTE Thanks
Macs

Macs is on a distinguished road

I just got my iPad today after a friend going to the US and buying one for me. I love it, the secone I got it out of the box I was amazed, I can't wait to play around with some apps later,

My laptop won't be used for a long time now i have got this aha.

Sam.
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

I was just at Best Buy and they have a slew of all models in stock. I asked the sales guy if I brought my 32 gig back for a 64 gig if I would be charged a restocking fee and he said, "Nope" you have 14 days to return it, so I'm going to go ahead and get pay the $100.00 and get the 64 gig.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Had mine since day 1 with no remorse at all. It's deifnitely a luxury item and not a necessity, but I am really enjoying using in bed and on the couch where I would very rarely if ever take my laptop. Also took it on one business trip so far where it was a niceconvenient way to surf the web and whatnot at the hotel. Trips with flights will be even better.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wifi issues - my experience | Best Buy Is All I Have... »