New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Apple delays international iPad release

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad3, AppleTV2

Apple Delays International iPad Launch by One Month - International ipad launch - Gizmodo

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
MrChris

MrChris is a jewel in the roughMrChris is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac | iPhone 4

QUOTE Thanks
Spartan07

Spartan07 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know if an IPAD purchased in the US will be covered for warranty by Apple UK?

Thanks,

Mike
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Sorry to the all who are affected by the delay but if it helps get my pre ordered 3g model here quicker....Well tough luck! =)
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdll1313 View Post
Sorry to the all who are affected by the delay but if it helps get my pre ordered 3g model here quicker....Well tough luck! =)
Well your 3G ipads in the US I've heard are delayed too. For the same reasons as the international ones are delayed. So best learn to like waiting.
And laughing at the misfortune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.

At least we have a date we can pre-order now.
Quote:
We will announce international pricing and begin taking online pre-orders on Monday, May 10.
Mind you end of April to 10th of May is not really a month. A week or 2 at best delayed. Cause I always thought end of april was the pre-order date and not release date. So it's not as bad as people think. But it was very nice of Apple to make a statement about this to let us know.

At least there is one good thing for us non US people. We cam make sure the Wi-Fi and overheating issues are all sorted out before we get our ipads.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

I guess it goes to show, that like any company, if demand is high they they are forced to delay a release to other markets.

Could be worse, the iPad could have been a flop, and I am sure none of us wants that

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
traylorc

traylorc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Well your 3G ipads in the US I've heard are delayed too. For the same reasons as the international ones are delayed. So best learn to like waiting.
And laughing at the mosfirtune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.
I think tdll1313 was being sarcastic....maybe we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

By the way, do you have a link to the story about the 3G pads being delayed?
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

No link. So it seems either what I heard is wrong or Apple have not yet commented on the situation. I'm sure it's more likely the latter. And Apple do want their US customers happy and well ipad fed. And I don't blame them. Releasing a product then having it unable to buy is pretty bad. So the more crowds in the US that buy ipads in the US means more delays for the rest of the world.

But on the upside Apple's share value will just go up and up too .

And to answer your question, no link yet. So take it with a grain of salt till some official word about this pops up.

And there is a right and a wrong time for sarcasm if indeed that was sarcasm.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
And laughing at the misfortune of others is a very un mac-forum user like thing to do. And it shows the kind of person you are.

At least we have a date we can pre-order now.

Mind you end of April to 10th of May is not really a month. A week or 2 at best delayed. Cause I always thought end of april was the pre-order date and not release date. So it's not as bad as people think. But it was very nice of Apple to make a statement about this to let us know.

At least there is one good thing for us non US people. We cam make sure the Wi-Fi and overheating issues are all sorted out before we get our ipads.
WOW, had I known the Thought Police would be after me for my playful comment that ended with a smile face, I would have been more careful. The ability to derive "the kind of person I am" with nothing more than your incorrect interpretation of a single post is truly remarkable....So in review, A) traylorc was correct, and B) be careful what you say around the8thark, his ability to misconstrue your words and come to a conclusion about your entire personality and place a value on it, is spooky!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Thanks for your insight. It seems we both know each other very well now and can read eath others thoughts. That is nice to know
And your statement shows your ability to misconstrue words too. Seems we both share that skill in common. Also nice to know .
What you said did sound a little harsh mind you. But it's ok. We were both harsh to each other.
QUOTE Thanks
CanuckBoater

CanuckBoater will become famous soon enough

Demand is either too high, or they don't want to put too many quirky products into customers hands.

Apart from reports of difficulty in connecting over Wi-fi, I am not aware of 'issues'.

However, not sure it's purely a 'demand' problem.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Doesn't bother me that much, as like most Canadians I can easily travel over the border and bring one home with me. A bit disappointing however.

Based on activity in another forum I'm on, I can say with some confidence that at least a part of that "surprising US demand" is *already* coming from Canadians buying theirs just over the border.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

And here is the link to the Apple media release:-

Apple Media Advisory

For us down under advised delivery now the end of May.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Based on activity in another forum I'm on, I can say with some confidence that at least a part of that "surprising US demand" is *already* coming from Canadians buying theirs just over the border.
Plus all the people who flew over to the US to get oneplus the companies in places liek the UK and Hong Kong who got some jsut to re-sell at a profit. This we all already know. I'm just saying that US demand is actually a world wide demand . Just most of us do not have the funds to take a ipad buying shopping trip to New York.

Thanks for that Harry. It seems pre-orders 10th May for end of may maybe Sat 29th May release. But I do think 3G and Wi-Fi will be released at the same time here.

Apple just can't push back the international release date too far. because they need the initial US rush and ipad fever to be at least partially existant so that feeling can filter over to the other countries when we have our release date. If the ipad has lost it's new product shiny and is just something everybody "just needs to have" then it'll be much harder in the other countries to get the crowds enthaused in the product and do all those store lineups as I'm sure Apple love so much.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Malware for Windows users Who Own iPads | What Model Suits Your Needs?..or mine? »