New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

best case or travel bag...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

what are some of the best cases out there that you guys have found? I am pretty sure im going to want to take my 3G EVERYWHERE, lol. I thought about sewing a pocket into all of my shirts.... but anyway. What are some of the best cases or bags that youve found so I can be ready when it arrives! :-)

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks
TheFr33man

TheFr33man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 09 White MacBook 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, Snow Leopard V10.6.1; iPad 16g WiFi

Hardcandy Cases hard sleeve is what I decided to go with, seems to offer more protection than just a neoprene sleeve. It seems a bit pricey, but I will reserve judgement until it arrives in the mail. There are others avail on their site as well. iLounge has a good article here as well.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

i love the look of a sleeve, but I need something on my iPad all the time so I got the apple case. I've read a ton of reviews (since im still waiting on my 3G all I do is read, read, read lol) and it seems to be the best so far.

I'm looking for more of a shoulder bag. Something sleek that will make it easy for me to keep my iPad with me. I will post some that I have found.

QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Cocoon Gramercy bag (with orange, my favorite color, on the inside.

Im not sure about the look of this one

Muzetto - by far my favorite

QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodarhythm View Post
i love the look of a sleeve, but I need something on my iPad all the time so I got the apple case. I've read a ton of reviews (since im still waiting on my 3G all I do is read, read, read lol) and it seems to be the best so far.

I'm looking for more of a shoulder bag. Something sleek that will make it easy for me to keep my iPad with me. I will post some that I have found.
If you end up liking your iPad case, you could always sew a shoulder strap onto it. Get an old laptop bag or gym bag from a thrift store, cut the strap off and sew it onto your iPad case... if you know how to do that. I'm sure you know someone who knows how.

Here's what it would look like:

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

that is an idea. Have you ever done this? Though, it seems to me like the strap might get in the way while using the ipad. I read a lot of books and will be reading on it, probably, more than anything else.

QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

There are many nice cases out there but not many of them can actually do what the Apple ones does: being used as a stand for the iPad (the Incase one is the only other to do that afaik).
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

i am ordering this one... hopefully it is big enough to fit the ipad with the apple case
STM

QUOTE Thanks
allan_vancouver

allan_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

Quote:

Apple iPad cases for our two iPads arrived Tuesday. My wife and I are VERY pleased with the Apple iPad case. The "case" is more like a very lightweight protective sleeve with a wrap-around "book cover" type of flap that also serves as a stand, similar to a simple photo frame/stand, but more sleek (see the pix at the Apple Store). The feel of it is excellent, compared to the shiney, slippery feel of the iPad itself (I was afraid of losing a grip on the iPad and dropping it). The Apple case addresses this concern very well.

The neoprene (?) material is slightly sticky, so it keeps the iPad in place when typing or fingering the screen. Inside the "cover/sleeve" part is micro-fiber, and I slipped the iPad in sideways and secured it with a flap that wraps around the edge to give it a finished look when inserted.

We also like the color and look of the cover/sleeve/stand (case?).

The "case" is very compact (think of a cover on a hard-cover book) -- it does not increase the size or thickness of the iPad by very much at all, yet provides the feel, function (stands at two angles, and even on its edge) and some basic protection for the back and edges that I was looking for.

If you need a slightly larger leather or nylon carrying case, you should still try to find one. There are no pockets or space in the iPad cover/case except for the iPad itself. I am currently using a nylon folder/case with a velcro cover flap, so that I can carry a few accessories with the iPad such as the power adapter, cable, earbuds and a micro-fiber cleaning cloth. I may look for a different one with a handle or shoulder strap, and slightly smaller dimensions than the one I had lying around the house that handles 8 1/2 x 11 paper.

I have ordered the Zagg screen protector package for front and back, but the Apple case covers the back, so I probably will only use the front glass protector (Zagg for the front and Apple for the back and edges will be just right). I'm also hoping the Zagg protector will reduce fingerprints without affecting viewability.
QUOTE Thanks
Bremen Cole

Bremen Cole will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: PC Baby!

I picked up the Apple case when I got my pad. I really like it, it grows on you. I like the folding feature, and for added protection when out I put the whole thing in a cheap netbook bag. Works for me....

Bremen Cole
iPad 1st Gen 16G WIFI
Music = http://www.bremencole.com
Bike Journal = http://www.bikejournal.com/journal_p...ame=BremenCole
QUOTE Thanks
allan_vancouver

allan_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

Quote:
i am ordering this one... hopefully it is big enough to fit the ipad with the apple case
STM
I checked the dimensions of the STM per the link, and compared them to my iPad inside its Apple Case. The Apple+case dimensions are about 10" x 7.5" (sorry, I didn't have a ruler handy, but used a sheet of paper to closely approximate). The Apple cover's 7.5" width (when closed) includes an edge of the neoprene that can easily fold a bit, so I don't think you will have any poblem at all.

I might order one of these myself if I cant' find something similar in a local store!
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_vancouver View Post
I checked the dimensions of the STM per the link, and compared them to my iPad inside its Apple Case. The Apple+case dimensions are about 10" x 7.5" (sorry, I didn't have a ruler handy, but used a sheet of paper to closely approximate). The Apple cover's 7.5" width (when closed) includes an edge of the neoprene that can easily fold a bit, so I don't think you will have any poblem at all.

I might order one of these myself if I cant' find something similar in a local store!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Thnks allan for checking that out for me! I couldn't seem to find the dimensions of the ipad in the apple case. I'm definitely going to get it now! Will let you know how i like it.

QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

Just a heads up I found the STM Micro bag at this website for $34.95. (cheapest i found)

QUOTE Thanks
zenoztankof

zenoztankof is on a distinguished road

I needed a briefcase/messenger type of bag so I bought this Skooba bag off Amazon the other day. Mine is black although. It fits my iPad like it was made for it. Very light weight and perfect size for guys or ladies.

I got this shell thing as a birthday gift from my wife with the iPad. This model is not exactly like mine but I don't see mine on their site yet.

When the iPad is in use it snaps on and protects the back while making it a little easier to grip. I snap it on to the front when in stow and provides a little more protection to my screen in my bag.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

i recieved my STM bag today. I won't have my iPad until the 30th but so far the bag seems very nice. Lots of space, it reminds me of my incase bag that i got for my 17 inch macpro. tuck away handles, removable strap, nice looking waterproof material. Its got a keychain hook, a spot for an id (or something), and it feels strong.There is some sort of plastic that makes it appear to protect the ipad really well. (you cant bend the bag in half) looks good, i will let you know once i get my iPad!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« One of the quickest phone calls I've ever had. | Want to pay $192,000 for an ipad? or $2 milion US for an iphone? »