New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Remember Login

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Hey guys,

You know how, on a computer, your browser offers you to save your login info so that next time you go on that specific website you will be automatically logged in?

It is something that I couldn't do on my iPhone, how does that work with the iPad? Is there a way for the iPad to remember your login? It's kinda annoying to have to reenter the login and PW every time I wanna visit a website. Like this forum!

Many thanks.

Vinny.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you'd put the check mark in that little 'Remember Me' box next to the login you wouldn't have to do that on this forum. The only time I have to log back in here is after I do my typical monthly or so cleaning.

Safari on the iPad offers to remember your passwords so that you don't need to type them in on your next visit. It auto fills the log in form if you elect to have it remember them. Just off hand, I believe I've only signed in once to Amazon in the last week, and I probably visit there almost every day. Only had to sign in to Netflix twice so far.

I do have 1Password also. On the iPad you can go from the browser to 1Password to copy your password and then back to the browser to paste it in.

1Password also has a shortcut to your logins, where you just click the site you want, it then opens Safari, takes you to the site and auto fills the log in for you. Well worth the current asking price of $7 for any one that has 1Password on their Mac already.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Ok thanks Bob! Very useful as always
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Mine seems to remember most of my logins just fine, but for some reason, it keeps forgetting my Facebook login about once every day or so, and I go to the site multiple times a day.

It's pretty annoying, but it must be a Facebook thing since my iPad hasn't lost my login to this site since the first time I logged in last Saturday.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Easy as pie, I was worried I would have to keep typing them but nope,it saves them.
QUOTE Thanks
Tapasya

Tapasya is on a distinguished road

Oh my god Voony, you may have to type your password in. What hard work!

LOL

: )
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapasya View Post
Oh my god Voony, you may have to type your password in. What hard work!

LOL

: )
Typing in passwords can be hard work. I use well over 300 sites that require a log in. There is no password duplication - period - and very little username duplication. There is no way to remember all of them. Even if there were, why? I have enough garbage to remember without having to remember a bunch of random characters.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Typing in passwords can be hard work. I use well over 300 sites that require a log in. There is no password duplication - period - and very little username duplication. There is no way to remember all of them. Even if there were, why? I have enough garbage to remember without having to remember a bunch of random characters.
I think Tapa is getting his revenge for another post of his

Yes, my friend, retyping your password every time you go on Facebook, Forums, Bank websites and whatnot is a pain in the butt.

And I was worried about that because on my iPhone, even tho I have different pages opened at the same time, when I switch back and forth it reloads the page and therefore ask me to login again...
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

On my iPhone I just went to settings / safari and turned "auto fill " on and it does it for me. I believe this became a feature in 3.0 if I remember correctly.

Clay

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayneal View Post
On my iPhone I just went to settings / safari and turned "auto fill " on and it does it for me. I believe this became a feature in 3.0 if I remember correctly.

Clay
Well isn't that embarrassing? Thanks!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voony View Post
Well isn't that embarrassing? Thanks!!!!!

LOL all part of the service !

MY ADVICE COMES WITH A DOUBLE YOUR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iPad as "thin client" | Couple of Questions about The iPad »