New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Will the ipad work with a glove on my hand?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I've seen many many shots of the ipad. And the only thing I do not like about it is the fingerprints. Hideous. They look really horrible. And I got a thinking could I use a glove in my pointing hand so I would minimise the fingerprint issue?

I know the ipad's screen works by completeing a circut with the micro amounts of charge in youe finger to work. But could I buy a glove that lets this micro current flow through and still work with the ipad. And if this can work what type of glove would I get and where would one pick one up?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Do you own an iPhone or touch? Have you tried that with a glove? If not, I can see if I can find a glove and try it on my iPhone. I figure it should work on all 3 as they are the same basic touch screen tech.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I don't own a touch or iphone. But I do own a 1st gen (far silver) Nintendo DS. And that works with my finger. But I dunno if that can be comparable to the ipad or not. And yes I would aaume if the glove works of the iphone, it should work on the ipad too.

And thanks so much for the responce.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Don't know about a glove. Can tell you that it works through a glass cleaning cloth. Folded double, it mostly works. Folded triple, nadda. You'd have to find an awful thin glove. It's easy enough to keep one of these cloths with it though. Keeping one tucked inside the case. Have a matte oil resistant screen protector on the way. Will post on that as soon as I get it.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

Unless the glove is made specifically to work with a capacitive touch screen I doubt it will work. It has been my experience that even a thin amount of material between your finger and screen disrupt the process. That being said, I am a nurse and often have surgical or latex gloves on and I know for a fact that you can use them with the iPhone....So just go out and buy a bunch of those if you are worried about finger prints. =)
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Personally I'd say a few fingerprints and a wipe with a cloth looks far less horrible than sitting with a glove on but to each their own.

You can buy conductive thread (you wouldn't need much of it). Just a few stitches of it in the end of any glove you have will do the trick.

Make your own:
Making A Glove Work With A Touch Screen

Off the shelf:
Dots Gloves | The iPhone Glove That Feels Gloveless

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

What about the sort of gloves they wear when dealing with really old documents? They are cloth of some kind and very thin.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Thanks for all the responces. I've watch a few video reviews for the dots gloves and they ook really nice. Just what I am after. I might look into them. And secondly those white old document gloves might work of they are thin enough. But if not I think no go. As anything that has a charge I assume would be bad for old documents as you'd want a static/lint/acid free environment for them to live in.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« question about 3rd party stylus use | 2 Apple pages about recentipad wifi issues »