New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Anyone going to get the 3G iPad?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DarkestSoul X21

DarkestSoul X21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M

I've been thinking of getting a iPad sometime down the road and been looking at the 3G version of it. Might get that one but not sure yet. Would be nice to go basicly everywhere with internet access.
QUOTE Thanks
tdll1313

tdll1313 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore

I have already pre ordered mine, just doing the "waiting" thing now. The reason why i opted for the the 3g model was because of how easy it is to activate it. If I know I will be traveling or in an area with no wifi for a couple of days I can easily pay the 14.99 for the limited usage or get the unlimited usage to fit my needs directly through the iPad. No need to call AT&T when I want to cancel or reactivate the plan. For me it is perfect. I went with the 32 gig model. I would rather have the 3g option than an extra 32 gigs of memory....alright alright I didn't save any money because I ordered the case and bluetooth keyboard/dock combo, there, you happy?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm planning on getting the 32GB 3G version. It's the only reason I don't already own one.

I live in Canada but travel to the US periodically. The iPad will allow me to leave my laptop at home for these trips AND even better have ubiquitous internet for a reasonable price for the time I am in the states and only that time. At home I am nearly always near Wifi so I don't need 3G up here but in the states I'll want ubiquitous internet and GPS and the iPad 3G has both.
QUOTE Thanks
ellenm

ellenm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD

I got the wireless 32gb version because I csn use my phone for 3G access when needed. My dad is going to get the 3G version since his phone won't give him wireless access. I'm glad I got the wireless for him to play with though because he sees how much he likes it for certain things and where he will still use his laptop for other things. That both are needed!

Btw I am loving my iPad and can't wait for you to get your 3G.

Twitter - simplyiphonenow
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

I hope the arrangements in the UK are as good as that - and that they are with Orange rather than O2 - as O2's coverage near me is crap

If it turns out to be O2 only I might as well stick with the WiFi only version - even if I can't tether it to my Orange iPhone 3G.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I was planning on getting the 3G, but decided not to. I think it was a good choice because I don't see myself using it much outside of areas without wifi like I do with my iPhone. Besides, in a pinch I have a workaround for Internet connectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdll1313 View Post
alright I didn't save any money because I ordered the case and bluetooth keyboard/dock combo, there, you happy?
I was planning on getting the keyboard too, but after just a few minutes with the on screen keyboard I changed my mind pretty quickly. In landscape mode I can type just as fast, if not faster, than I can on a regular keyboard.

I would say give the screen keyboard a shot before buying, or before unpacking it.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

I pre-ordered 3G, I hate that its on AT&T's network but I am very happy there is no contract for 3g service
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestSoul X21

DarkestSoul X21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06 Intel Duo 500GB HDD 4 GB RAM 9400M

Well right now I can't decide which iPad I want to get....wifi or 3G lol.
QUOTE Thanks
goddess_of_go

goddess_of_go is on a distinguished road

I pre ordered the 64GB 3G model.

I can't wait for it to arrive.

I got an email today form Apple saying my order had shipped, and got all excited, until I saw it was only the case.

Boo.

Terri
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'm definitely getting the 3G version. It's nice to have the option to turn on 3G anytime and anywhere I want. Plus, the 3G version also comes with GPS, which I imagine should work without 3G, which means I can more accurately use apps like Yelp.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
JeffMorse

JeffMorse is on a distinguished road

I picked up the wifi version last week, but seriously considering returning it in favor of a 3g model. One of the wonderful things I've discovered is how easy it is to vpn onto the work server, and now knowing that I want to be able to do it from anywhere.

It'll make my life so much easier!
QUOTE Thanks
Ccab

Ccab is on a distinguished road

can you use the 3G iPad anywhere or do you need to be somewhere where there is 3G available?

Macbook Pro 13" 4G RAM
iPhone 3GS 16G
iTouch
COMING SOON! Apple iPad 16G Wifi+3G
QUOTE Thanks
Lotus Esprit

Lotus Esprit is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestSoul X21 View Post
I've been thinking of getting a iPad sometime down the road and been looking at the 3G version of it. Might get that one but not sure yet. Would be nice to go basicly everywhere with internet access.
I was planning on getting one, but will hold off until they fix the WiFi issue.
QUOTE Thanks
traylorc

traylorc is on a distinguished road

I have two 64 gig 3G models on order (one for me and one for the wife). It would be nice if Apple announced a release date.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

I ordered a 64 gig 3g. Now im waiting until "late april". It seems silly to me to get the WiFi. Granted youd already have it, lol, but the 3g has WiFi too. The data plan is so cheap and its so easy to signup or suspend that for me, its a no brainer. I hate waiting!!!

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« wireless upload network share ipad | Will my Iphone headphones work? »