Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    32G iPad
    Steve was right it feels natural
    I am not sure if I will ever go back to a laptop after using this iPad can't wait to see what's in the future.....

This is just perfect...

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Glad you got it, and glad you like it BA.

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Is there anything you do not like about the ipad BA? Just to get a balanced perspective from you is all .
    We all know you love it but is there anything you don't like about it?

Specs:
    32G iPad
    Hummmmm. Yes wish it had a good battery app to count cycles.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I'm at the Apple store right now typing on an iPad. I hate the keyboard! it feels weird to type on and I keep hitting the wrong keys cause they're so close together. It needs up/down arrows, but there would be even less room on the keyboard then. Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me.
    Give it time Mate .... Took me all of a cpl weeks to be proficient on my Touch ..

TM
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    I'm at the Apple store right now typing on an iPad. I hate the keyboard! it feels weird to type on and I keep hitting the wrong keys cause they're so close together. It needs up/down arrows, but there would be even less room on the keyboard then. Maybe it's just me. I've not used an iPhone or iTouch before either so typing like this is foreign to me.
    Like Tattoo said, just give it time. I've owned the iPhone since the day it came out and after using it a few times I could fly through typed messages. It comes with time.

You will get used to it MY! When I got my iPhone I couldn't type anything correctly and after a few tries I type as fast as on my laptop keyboard. Same will happen with the iPad.

Specs:
    32G iPad
    Just went to best buy and got my 3rd iPad.

Specs:
    32G iPad
    One for me ,my son and daughter.

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Does coming frm an iPhone or touch really make the transition to the iPad screen any easier? I mean, the two are totally different in terms of how you type. On my phone I can only use my thumbs, but on this I can use most of my fingers.

I think what makes the difference for me is that I'm not a formal typist. I've always been a hunt and peck type with just my thumbs, index and middle fingers while looking at the keyboard. So transitioning to a smaller touch screen really isn't that much of a stretch. I think people who type more formally with all fingers will have a much more difficult time.

Even as I type on ts thing I can't believe how fast I can go!
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
    I think what makes the difference for me is that I'm not a formal typist. I've always been a hunt and peck type with just my thumbs, index and middle fingers while looking at the keyboard. So transitioning to a smaller touch screen really isn't that much of a stretch. I think people who type more formally with all fingers will have a much more difficult time.
    I think you diagnosed the problem. I can type 80+ wpm on a traditional keyboard. Maybe 70/75+ wpm on my MBP keyboard.
    I only logged about 15/20 minutes at the Apple store today. I'd have to borrow someone's iPad before I'd even consider buying one. And this is coming from a guy who told his wife yesterday that he was getting one as soon as the next version comes out. Now, I'm not 100% sure about that.

Specs:
    32G iPad
    I kinda hunt and peck too, it feels awesome on the iPad very very easy.

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    My only complaint about mine is my arm get's tired holding it up all the time.

Specs:
    iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
    It still seems strange to me how easy it is to type on an iPhone. Coming from other makes of Smartphone with tiny keyboards made up actual keys, I expected to have difficulty with finding the right key without using a stylus to prod at them. However, I seem to hit the right key about 99% of the time - which is adequate for entering things like URLs and passwords.

How the iPad will compare - especially if trying to type more than that - only time will tell, once the UK is allowed to try them. The only problem I can see is the lack of tactile feedback. Of course, I am not a touch typist, so this will probably be less of a problem for me.

Thread Information