New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

It's not a giant ipod touch!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

techmaster12

techmaster12 is on a distinguished road

I so sick of people calling the iPad a gigantic iPod Touch, because it's not. Yeah it runs the iPhone OS, but it's more than that. Those people just won't understand until they get their hands on one of these.
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

I did get my hands on it. It's more like an iPad XL. I'm currently selling my 32gb.

I'm a avid Mac lover. iPad is not for me.
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe959 View Post
I did get my hands on it. It's more like an iPad XL. I'm currently selling my 32gb.

I'm a avid Mac lover. iPad is not for me.
I too am an avid Apple lover but now I wonder if I will get one...I already have the iPhone and the MBP...oh well, of course I'll get one lol.
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

Iphone 3g for tethering my MacbookPro and my Iphone 3gs for everyday use and now preordered Ipad 3g. played with it in the 5th store in nyc and LOVE IT. just waiting for the 3g... Happy Mac-Addict
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

I want to love it I really do. I'm just not getting the same warm fuzzy feeling that I get from my iPhone or MBP. My wife says its only been a few days and to wait til I actually use it instead of just load movies and apps.

I'm gonna give it a another couple of days. I told her she should give it a go. She said she doesn't want to break it.
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

It really does aggravate me when foolish people jump on the hate train just to blast something that Apple makes. I also laugh a little when they compare this to a laptop. I just think that's a compliment considering Apple isn't even trying to market this as a laptop. I bet 90% of those complaining wouldn't say anything if this was put out by Microsoft or Dell.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
NJBlackBerry

NJBlackBerry is on a distinguished road

I have two.
I really like it. And it is a giant iPod Touch.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
Iphone 3g for tethering my MacbookPro and my Iphone 3gs for everyday use and now preordered Ipad 3g. played with it in the 5th store in nyc and LOVE IT. just waiting for the 3g... Happy Mac-Addict
Nice! thats what I use my iphone for too! MyWi ftw!
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I'm happily surfing the web on mine while watching the championship game. Typing on it is a breeze in my lap. I have an MBP but rarely use it while watching tv on my couch because it's too bulky and hot.

This is a dream come true and I couldn't be happier!!

Now I just my dogs to win!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I'm happily surfing the web on mine while watching the championship game. Typing on it is a breeze in my lap. I have an MBP but rarely use it while watching tv on my couch because it's too bulky and hot.

This is a dream come true and I couldn't be happier!!

Now I just my dogs to win!
I'm doing the same thing, sitting watching Butler/Duke game.
It's not for everyone but it suits me just fine, I love MBP but I can't stand the heat burning up my lap when I'm on the couch.
QUOTE Thanks
Daggodog

Daggodog is on a distinguished road

Some sat it's an iPod on steroids..

Look what steroids did for Mark Mcguire!

Any questions?
QUOTE Thanks
Daggodog

Daggodog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Nice! thats what I use my iphone for too! MyWi ftw!
MyWi all the way!!!!!!!!! Very slick
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
You have a second iPhone just for tethering? Why not just tether with the 3gs?
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well I think it is just a giant ipod touch.
But that's one of the reasons why I think it's awesome. And one of the reasons I'm so tempted to get one.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Well I think it is just a giant ipod touch.
But that's one of the reasons why I think it's awesome. And one of the reasons I'm so tempted to get one.
Ditto... and why I did get one... Anyone that likes the idea of a larger screen ipod touch, I think you're gonna really like the iPad.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How much punishment can your ipad take before it dies? | iPad wireless ability »