New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Ipad dock question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

I had a question at the apple store about the iPad dock. I just wanted to know if the keyboard dock had more support than the regular dock for the ipad. The service people had no clue about it. The regular one liked to tilt side-to-side too easily. I would much rather buy the dock along with the apple bluetooth keyboard than have to get stuck with a keyboard that only works for one thing, but that tilting worries me. Anyone have experience with the regular dock? How sturdy is yours when the ipad is on it?
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

My dock comes tomorrow will let you know.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
My dock comes tomorrow will let you know.
Thank you! Which one do you have coming in?
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Just the dock tomorrow.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Seems to be sturdy enough. The iPad is still usable while sitting in the dock. Played a round of hold-em on it and some mahjong. Reading a book is a non-issue while in the dock.

It does go to rocking a little if you're tapping it instead of touching it. While it's not nearly as stable as any LCD, it'll take more than any normal use to actually get it to fall over.

For anyone planning on using the Apple case, don't bother with the dock. Not gonna work. Probably not with the keyboard dock either, and it's not the easiest thing to get off.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Seems to be sturdy enough. The iPad is still usable while sitting in the dock. Played a round of hold-em on it and some mahjong. Reading a book is a non-issue while in the dock.

It does go to rocking a little if you're tapping it instead of touching it. While it's not nearly as stable as any LCD, it'll take more than any normal use to actually get it to fall over.

For anyone planning on using the Apple case, don't bother with the dock. Not gonna work. Probably not with the keyboard dock either, and it's not the easiest thing to get off.
Cool. thanks for the advice bob!
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Lol. Too true. I tired to take it off last night just to wipe the screen off, but it bested me for a good 5 minutes before I gave up.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« bluetooth music across to amplifier??? | wifi speed info? »