New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

All Over eBay

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

Wow, there are a slew of iPads all over eBay and for some big bucks too. No thanks, I think I'll wait.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Totally expected..people trying to literally steal money on the first day of release..amazing that some will actually pay way more than MSRP just to get it as opposed to wait for a month or so when these will be abundantly available at the Apple Stores..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Supply and demand.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Patience is a virtue they say. And in this case it's a huge money saver too. I happens with everything new. People try to cash in on those who miss out on the initial shipment. Pretty immoral if you ask me. But those ebay sellers don't care about that. They only care about the $ in their pockets.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Patience is a virtue they say. And in this case it's a huge money saver too. I happens with everything new. People try to cash in on those who miss out on the initial shipment. Pretty immoral if you ask me. But those ebay sellers don't care about that. They only care about the $ in their pockets.
I don't see anything wrong with trying to make a living... especially in this economy. If someone out there has extra cash burning a hole in their pocket and they're too lazy to get to the stores early or too impatient to wait for supplies to be abundant in the stores, then they'll pay inflated prices. It's not like the e-bay sellers broke into the Apple stores at night and stole the iPads. They are taking a risk buying several iPads and they may or may not make their money back. It's their risk, their attempt to make some money and it is FAR from immoral.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I see your point.
But people who do the same thing with concert tickets are often called ticket scalpers. They're all over ebay too. In the ticket example some people miss out on getting a ticket cause scalpers rush in with the only intention to re-sell the tickets. And genuine fans miss out on seeing a concert.

The ipad is a little different because you can still get an ipad, you just have to wait a bit. Mind you the same principle applies I think. Making money, people do that on ebay every day re-selling goods they bought at a premium. I see nothing wrong with that. But using people willingness to pay lots to cure their dissapointment of missing out on something to me is not cool.

I think people need to say no to these ebay sellers and wait for the next shipment of ipads to come. That'd show up all of the ebay sellers .
QUOTE Thanks
Dillinger-63

Dillinger-63 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.

I went to Best Buy today with my son to check out the iPad and we had a bunch of unused Best Buy Bucks and a gift card Sooooo, I walked away with a 32 gig iPad for the price of a 16 gig.

My Avatar is in memory of my beloved K-9,
Dillinger who was killed in the line of duty.
QUOTE Thanks
rfe959

rfe959 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2

I walked in Best Buy an hour before close and got a 32GB. One left! I didn't Know If I even wanted one. Didn't walk out til after closing time. Time on receipt says 10:29, store closed at 10. List price was $599 receipt shows $1199.04. I spent a little more than I planned lastnite. They had no accessories available yet.
QUOTE Thanks
JohnLynch

JohnLynch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pretty immoral if you ask me. But those ebay sellers don't care about that. They only care about the $ in their pockets
As someone who has to wait 20 days (if speculation is correct) and who really, really, really wants one now. I don't see how this is immoral. This isn't food, water or medicine people are hoarding. Its an electronic device that is more convenient then many other electronic devices out there.

If people can't wait 1-6 months and are willing to pay what these resellers are asking, then too bad. They deserve to part with their money.

Quote:
Mind you the same principle applies I think.
Not really I don't think. I'd only say a scalper is immoral if they buy more tickets than they can sell. Otherwise no-one missed out. Also, who helped create a hostile atmosphere for "scalpers"? I wouldn't be surprised if initially it was caused by the stadiums or companies that sell the tickets in the first place.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Not the case. Some people could afford the RRP price for the ticket or item, but can not afford the ebay sellers massively inflated prices. So they have to go without. I know cause I am in that boat. If someone buys 50 of the things all in the first second of availability and then just re-sells for 5x the price, then I simply can not afford that. So I miss out.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Perhaps THIS will help settle matters. ...or at least provide a compromise in opinions.
I tried 50 just to see what would happen. There is a limit of 2 that you can purchase (from the online Apple store). Probably a similar limit at the actual, physical stores too.

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Agreed. Or for the Non-US people who want ibooks on their iphone.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Quote:
Pretty immoral if you ask me.
And how is this different from waiting in line at best buy and seeling the voucher on to someone that cant get in before you ???

Quote:
If that was true I'd line up with no intention of actually buying. Just to get the voucher and sell the voucher on for the cash.
Pretty immoral if you ask me

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Pretty immoral if you ask me
Agreed . Both are immoral.
QUOTE Thanks
NJBlackBerry

NJBlackBerry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
There is a limit of 2 that you can purchase (from the online Apple store). Probably a similar limit at the actual, physical stores too.
Best Buy had a limit of one per customer yesterday.
They had plenty in stock.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Buy to only have 15 ipads per store at launch | A nice short ipad keyboard review »