Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Netflix on the iPad

Messed with it for a little while. Works really well. Fast and has a great picture. So far so good. Really a great implementation of their service. Was about to cancel Netflix because I didn't use it very much. Now that I have this I will be using it much more.

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    This is definitely a killer app for the iPad..first amongst many I'm sure..

Regards

I totally agree! Now that we know there is Netflix on the iPad, one more extra reason for me to buy one. I use Netflix a lot and will be nice to be able to watch movies on the go where there is a WiFi connection.

Silly question but I suppose that won't work with 3G lol....

Definitely gives me hope as to what this little machine is capable of, though I'm still not buying a 1st Gen model unless I find one SUPER cheap.. I'm content to wait for the 2nd Gen and see what added features pop up.

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    On my first two attempts at watching a Netflix movie, the whole system locked up and remained non-responsive within about 3-4 minutes of starting a movie. Had to power off both times.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Yeah, supposedly Netflix is still trying to optimize the streaming for the iPad... Not sure that would make it lock up though, but maybe it's being a resource hog at the moment?

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Voony View Post
    I totally agree! Now that we know there is Netflix on the iPad, one more extra reason for me to buy one. I use Netflix a lot and will be nice to be able to watch movies on the go where there is a WiFi connection.

Silly question but I suppose that won't work with 3G lol....
    Technically, both the Wifi and 3G get you to the Internet, should you should be able to stream Netflix either way..but I imagine that 3G will be definitely slower than Wifi for streaming..

Regards

Works well for me.
    MacBook Pro 13" iPhone 5 iPad(3rd Gen)

Specs:
    Macbook5,2, iPad 16 gb, iPhone 3GS 32 gb, Iphone 4
    I saw the app, but until netflix offers to start streaming all the new releases, I'm not renewing my account with them.

Specs:
    Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc750 View Post
    I saw the app, but until netflix offers to start streaming all the new releases, I'm not renewing my account with them.
    I agree.

Well I use it to watch TV Shows mainly. After a couple of weeks I watched all the good movies I could find. They don't have that many good or recent movies available...alas. But, still, you don't feel guilty to be watching a crappy movie since you don't pay that much lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doc750 View Post
    It's not up to Netflix, it's up to the movie studios. Netflix can't do anything about that except try to make a deal with them, which won't happen...

The movie studios are suffering from lack of sales on dvds/blu-rays, so much so that Netflix isn't even getting some new release movies on DISC format until a month after it's initial release.. I know "The Blind side", "The Box" and a few others had a month wait before you could get them through Netflix..

All in all, it'll be a loooong time before you're able to instantly stream most new releases.. I think the streaming library is actually pretty good. It's meant to compliment your mail-ins and not to be used as the main product.

I like the fact that I can watch just about all the TV Shows I'm interested in, plus some decent movies from the instant streaming feature. I know "Angels and Demons" is now available on instant stream as well as some other semi-decent movies.. It's a good thing to have in between mailing dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac23 View Post
    It's not up to Netflix, it's up to the movie studios. Netflix can't do anything about that except try to make a deal with them, which won't happen...

The movie studios are suffering from lack of sales on dvds/blu-rays, so much so that Netflix isn't even getting some new release movies on DISC format until a month after it's initial release.. I know "The Blind side", "The Box" and a few others had a month wait before you could get them through Netflix..

All in all, it'll be a loooong time before you're able to instantly stream most new releases.. I think the streaming library is actually pretty good. It's meant to compliment your mail-ins and not to be used as the main product.

I like the fact that I can watch just about all the TV Shows I'm interested in, plus some decent movies from the instant streaming feature. I know "Angels and Demons" is now available on instant stream as well as some other semi-decent movies.. It's a good thing to have in between mailing dates.
    I completely agree, and I personally find many good things to watch instantly.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    I think just having Netflix on the iPad is enough for me to buy one. I watch lots of movies. . .

Thread Information