New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad screen care?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alicefred

alicefred is on a distinguished road

I need your assistance to find out the best quality iPad screen care kit. I searched a lot, but didn't find much info on it, even in Apple store. Only found one kit till now. I want an invisible shield that can prevent scratches, fingerprints and other touch screen problems. I have noticed most of the guys recommend microfiber cloth to wipe off the screen.

Any advice and suggestions are welcome.
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

I am sure they will be available soon.

Most of the phones with touchscreens have them. Not looking forward to trying to apply a sticky screen protector to something the size of an iPad though - judging from my success on various Palm devices. Lots of bubbles and creases.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Invisible Shield will be out with the product you desire in no time at all -- I'd be shocked if it wasn't out already.

Oh look, surprise surprise:
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Apple iPad Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
QUOTE Thanks
VinnyRocks

VinnyRocks is on a distinguished road

I just got my iPad and went to the Ghost Armor stand at the mall and had the guy put it on. I went to lunch and came back and it was done. I think it looks pretty sharp. I had my iTouch done after Christmas and it still looks good.
QUOTE Thanks
DigitalKnight

DigitalKnight is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Bridges View Post
Do you think that they are really neccesary? I put one on my first Windows Mobile phone. It was more of a pain than anything. I stopped using them 3 phones ago. Either the screen gets prints on it or the protector does. What is the differnce?
It is just a glass screen. I use Lens Cleaner that is used on glasses you wear and a lint free cloth at the end of the day and it looks like new.
QUOTE Thanks
farmdreads

farmdreads can only hope to improve

I used to use the Invisible Shield on my iPhone but when I got the glass replaced, I could never go back to a screen protector. The glass is just to **** smooth and sexy. Same goes for my new iPad. Although I am sure noticing that fingerprints are sticking out like a sore thumb! Ha Ha! Get it? Fingerprints, sore thumb? Oh man. I crack myself up.

21.5" iMac - iPhone 4 - iPod Nano 3rd gen - Time Capsule - TV 2 - iPad
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I laughed!
QUOTE Thanks
eyePawd

eyePawd is on a distinguished road

my friend has pad and it is filled with fingerprints and smudges. i really worry about scratches though.
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

No scratches yet but way too many finger prints to count.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
charlesfmason

charlesfmason is on a distinguished road

Water on a soft cotton cloth is all you need.
QUOTE Thanks
corrado007

corrado007 is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum. My wife just got an iPad yesterday so we are looking for a bit of advice on an accessory.

Does anyone know of any decent anti-glare screen protector films for the iPad? My wife and I use them on our iPhones and they are awesome. I wouldn't be without one because the fingerprints drive me crazy. I checked Amazon and ebay but no one has rated them yet and ebay tends to sell a lot of low quality stuff.
Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well according to the videos I've seen scratching the screen with a metal nail and leaves no scratch marks. But the back side is really easy to be scratched or scuffed.
QUOTE Thanks
allan_vancouver

allan_vancouver is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac i7 Quad, 27", 8GB mem, 1TB disk, USB numeric keypad

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesfmason View Post
Water on a soft cotton cloth is all you need.

Careful with the water, or other cleaners. I bought a package of micro-fibre cloths and they clean the screen very well dry. I also bought a small aerosol sprayer of alcohol, but found elswhere online that any cleaner may cause problems.

I have a Zagg protector on order -- maybe it wil reduce finger prints as well.
QUOTE Thanks
flcruzr

flcruzr is on a distinguished road

I had the Zagg Invisible Shield put on and it protects the screen very well. I do miss the smooth feel of the screen but I wanted to protect my screen.
QUOTE Thanks
twodarhythm

twodarhythm is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla

i ordered a ($25) anti glare screen protector. i saw cheaper ones but was afraid they wouldnt last. I cant stand not using a screen protector on my iphone because it gets so oily and my finger gets stuck on it. I just dont know how im going to get the screen protector on such a large device.

I love to jump out of perfectly good airplanes!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Some apps blocked, throttled on 3G iPad | Can the ipad send and receive SMS from phones? »