New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

Who's planning on trying to pick an iPad w/o reserve on Saturday?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Planning one lining up at a Best Buy or Apple store the morning of? Which one do you think will be more difficult to get one at?

I'm sure the Apple store will definitely have more, but you might not have to get up at the crack of midnight to line up at the Best Buys.

What's your game plan?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Voony

Voony will become famous soon enough

No offense but this is yet another useless topic.
QUOTE Thanks
gotham

gotham is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voony View Post
Ok and as it cost anything to post? I respect you view but perhaps others may be interested in this post.

To answer the Question I will not be getting this nor the next Ipad I holding hope for a Verizon 3g Ipad. But if I were to get online it would be at a apple store I have not purchased any apple products form any place other then apple but to add who will apple supply better I can tell you form the Iphone At&t had a short supply but the apple stores had a **** of alot more stock piled.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, thanks for reading the post title, opening the post, reading whole post, and then commenting on it.

Have a nice, useless day!

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
I think it's an interesting topic. I clicked on it to read others' thoughts.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I'll be waiting for the 3G iPad, so it's gonna be a few more weeks till I get mine. My girlfriend is buying it for me, so it'll be coming to my door.

However, I will be going to the Apple Store soon after launch to check out the iPad itself

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

It will be actually interesting to watch the interest and see the stats come out, when its launched from the Southern Hemisphere. We still have a lil while before we get our hands on the iPad, but me personally will wait for a 2nd Gen

And when it is launched it will be fun to get amongst the hype when we have our launch .....

Good luck to all .... Will it be like a rush of people in those Boxing Day Super Specials.

We will wait and see

TM

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Firstly there's not need to bash each other "you're useless, no you're more useless" Not needed.
And yes us Southern hemisphere get to see how the northern crows react to an ipad. And how long they queued up for an ipad. So when our turn comwa around if a few weeks we won't make the same mistakes the US crowds did.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Firstly there's not need to bash each other "you're useless, no you're more useless" Not needed.
And yes us Southern hemisphere get to see how the northern crows react to an ipad. And how long they queued up for an ipad. So when our turn comwa around if a few weeks we won't make the same mistakes the US crowds did.
Exactly

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
I think it's an interesting topic. I clicked on it to read others' thoughts.
Me too...

Still trying to decide if I should face the early crowd to pick mine up.

Anyone interested in seeing a few pics of the happenings at the Apple store?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post

Still trying to decide if I should face the early crowd to pick mine up.

Anyone interested in seeing a few pics of the happenings at the Apple store?
You need to face the crowd......
Be champion bob and take them on mate. I certainly would like to see the catastrophic mayhem that will go on. I think this is going to be a HUGE day for our beloved 

We need pictures lol

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well if you purchase your ipad from the Apple store they will give you free genius support and help you to use it. Like as free ipad for dummies class. I read that somewhere.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Well if you purchase your ipad from the Apple store they will give you free genius support and help you to use it. Like as free ipad for dummies class. I read that somewhere.
Oh really? That's a good point and one that would probably get people to head to the Apple Stores instead. It's probably not so helpful for current iPhone/Touch users since they'll be able to jump right in, but for first time users that could be a good incentive.

+1 virtual rep since I can't give you any more just yet

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Here is one for you all to read. I figured it would bash the iPad from end to end, but besides pointing out no Flash or USB it's VERY positive. There is a video also of them using it. I am very impressed.

Apple iPad Review with Video and Photos - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Stephen Fry has been busy tweeting all evening about his new toy (including unboxing video) and pictures of apps he has bought.

Andy Inhatko has spent a week with the iPad now, and has written what I think is a brilliant first-person account of it:
Sure, the iPad is cool – but is it a real computer? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Andy Ihnatko
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Steve's Keynote Presentation.... | On screen keyboard: your thoughts. »