New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iPad Hardware and Accessories Discuss the iPad hardware and accessories

iPad shipping date now April 12

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

All pre orders are gone now you will have to wait till April 12th.
Apple store changed the date on new orders.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Yeppers. So, they've already sold all they could produce and ship on the first day. Curious as to what that number happens to be.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
BadApple

BadApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 32G iPad

Me too........
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Here is a link about this topic.

Late crackdown hits iPad pre-orders over two units
Late crackdown hits iPad pre-orders over two units | MacNN
Quote:
Apple is only now canceling some mistakenly large iPad pre-orders, MacNN can confirm from sources.
QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Lame...I was literally looking at the site last night ready to pull the trigger. Placed order this morning and now I have to wait.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

So, you may have to hit up a Best Buy store on launch day. Looks like they're gearing up for it, but only in the stores that have an Apple section.

QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Yup...looks like I'll be getting up around 8am to head to the Apple store. Hopefully I won't be let down. I just want the 32GB version, too bad they don't have the cases or camera connection kit available.

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

I'm hoping due to the manufacturing not being able to keep up with the iPad, possibly they'll have some of the accessories available for in-store purchase.

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

In another thread I mentioned that some folks might consider it to be a bit "shady, dodgy, sneaky, sketchy"...if someone (not 100% convinced that they REALLY wanted an iPad)..."reserved" one...got to the store, looked at it...and decided not to go thru with the purchase.

My main point was...the iPad would most likely be in very very high demand initially. If only 1% (or fewer people) that "reserved" iPad's decided not to go thru with the purchase...this is a A LOT of iPad's that could have been shipped to other Stores....for folks that wanted to "reserve" them (starting today March 27th, 2010)...but now can't because Apple is no longer taking "pre-orders" or "reservations"...due to supply issues.

For example...let's say 5 people "reserved" iPads at a Chicago Apple Store...and then didn't purchase them/take them home. Those same 5 iPads could have been shipped to a store in Atlanta...where five 100% positive buyers are located. Of course 5 LUCKY folks in Chicago will get those 5 "unclaimed" iPad's.

But multiply nationally all of the reserved iPads that end up not being taken home by the folks who "reserved" them...and you have a lot of iPads that could have been shipped to different stores where there are folks that REALLY want them.

So what I'm suggesting is...if someone is not 100% sure they want an iPad...they shouldn't have "reserved" it. Because due to initial supply & demand issues...some foks that really want one, won't get one.

Of course everyone that wants one will get one eventually...they will just have to wait longer.

Just my humble opinion,

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
iserian

iserian is on a distinguished road

No need to get up at 8, or 9 - or even noon for that matter. Just be at your apple store at 3:00 and I'm sure there will be lots and lots of Ipad's up for grabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcompane View Post
Yup...looks like I'll be getting up around 8am to head to the Apple store. Hopefully I won't be let down. I just want the 32GB version, too bad they don't have the cases or camera connection kit available.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Well what if there is a line up for the 3pm reserved ipads that people never picked up? it'd pay to get there early to join in that queue.
QUOTE Thanks
iserian

iserian is on a distinguished road

Good point for folks who did not pre-order or reserve. My guess is that they will have some sort of line for folks who reserved ---- and for walk in customers past 3:00. I spoke to the store that I plan to visit on the 3rd and was told they will honor any reserved id holder as long as they are there by the cut-off -3. I really just can't see how the lines could last from 9:AM through 3M for folks who have already reserved - but we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Well what if there is a line up for the 3pm reserved ipads that people never picked up? it'd pay to get there early to join in that queue.
QUOTE Thanks
tiger roach

tiger roach has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz

Glad I ordered right away.

It would be interesting to know if the change in delivery dates is due to demand higher than expected or delays in manufacturing.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Congrats to all who pre-ordered. Looks like it paid off. Some of us skeptics are eagerly awaiting your shakedown when they arrive to get some good feedback. Please post.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paying for "unlimited" internet twice from the same carrier: is that okay with you? | ipad games free to download but require payments to progress in game »