New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS Development Discussion on developing apps for the iOS platform.

Query regarding app distribution system

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

manusinghal

manusinghal is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone,

I have an question regarding app distribution system via app store.
I have an app on app store which interacts with a different client-servers at various locations. It functions like version 1.0 of iphone app will be able to properly interact with version 1.0 of the client-server. Now the problem is few of my clients are late/reluctant in upgrading their server to which the iphone users connect. Once I release an update(say 2.0) for my iphone app there are few client-server which are still running 1.0 version. And if the end users of these clients installs the update (2.0) for his iphone app (unknowingly, the client-server which he is gonna connect to is still on 1.0), he makes his app unusable.
how to deal with these types of scenarios?

Can I develop my new updates to the application which interacts with the server before upgrading themselves OR can I develop something which automatically rolls back the update if server version mismatches?

Kindly suggest how to deal with this problem!

Would extremely grateful for your suggestions.

Many thanks,
Manu
QUOTE Thanks
manusinghal

manusinghal is on a distinguished road

Hello Everyone,

I have an question regarding app distribution system via app store.
I have an app on app store which interacts with a different client-servers at various locations. It functions like version 1.0 of iphone app will be able to properly interact with version 1.0 of the client-server. Now the problem is few of my clients are late/reluctant in upgrading their server to which the iphone users connect. Once I release an update(say 2.0) for my iphone app there are few client-server which are still running 1.0 version. And if the end users of these clients installs the update (2.0) for his iphone app (unknowingly, the client-server which he is gonna connect to is still on 1.0), he makes his app unusable.
how to deal with these types of scenarios?

Can I develop my new updates to the application which interacts with the server before upgrading themselves OR can I develop something which automatically rolls back the update if server version mismatches?

Kindly suggest how to deal with this problem!

Would extremely grateful for your suggestions.

Many thanks,
Manu
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Merged threads - please don't crosspost.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Mark FX

Mark FX has a spectacular aura about

I dont really understand your question, but I think your asking if you can update your iOS application on the App Store, the awnser is yes you can.
But you have to state the system requirements needed to run the updated app, along side the app store listing, if you want your customers to update, then you have to contact them, and tell them what the new system specifications have to be, to run the upgraded application.

In short, you have to have a dialog with your clients.

Regards Mark
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« XCODE HELP: Drag-n'-Drop Game | Payment Gateway integration in IOS Native App using XML Api »