New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS Development Discussion on developing apps for the iOS platform.

Which Xcode version to download??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prateek.chaubey

prateek.chaubey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Air 11", 64 GB, Intel core i5, 1.6 GHz, OSX Lion 10.7

Hi

I have just bought a macbook air with osx lion 10.7. I want to download Xcode for my mac for learning as well as development purpose. There are two links given on the apple website, first one is free Xcode download for lion and other is paid version for the developers.
I would like to know, which xcode should I download? I want to use Xcode for learning as well as development purpose (as hobbyist and professional development). Please guide..

Regards
Prateek Chaubey
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

AFAIK there is no longer a "paid" and "Free" version of XCode for Lion, just a free version that is available on the app store. In terms of a developer account, there is a paid developer account and a free one, but that's a different story and that's only required if you plan to submit apps to apple for the iTunes store or want to test an app on an actual device. The version of XCode on the app store is: Mac App Store - Xcode and it's listed as free...

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
prateek.chaubey

prateek.chaubey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Air 11", 64 GB, Intel core i5, 1.6 GHz, OSX Lion 10.7

Thanks for this info Nethfel...

Regards
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What does nonatomic and retain do in Objective-C? | UIWebview query »