New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Making iPhone really sync with iTunes


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
rolanddes

 
Member Since: Jul 27, 2011
Posts: 69
rolanddes is on a distinguished road

rolanddes is offline
I want the app I deleted from itunes to be deleted from iphone too. Can this be done?
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

 
MBP17•David's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 04, 2014
Location: East Midlands, UK
Posts: 441
MBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.4 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.4 • TC 2TB • TV • iOS bunch

MBP17•David is offline
That's how it usually works. What exactly is happening when you sync?

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

 
chscag's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 23, 2008
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 39,366
chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

chscag is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolanddes View Post
I want the app I deleted from itunes to be deleted from iphone too. Can this be done?
All you need to do is sync your iPhone to your Mac in that situation.

For future reference and removal of apps from your iPhone:

Enter iTunes with either your iPhone attached to your Mac or shown as available via WiFi. Select your iPhone and then select apps from the iTunes menu for the iPhone. Then select "remove" for each app you wish removed from your iPhone. Select "apply", select "sync". It will then ask for confirmation.

Do not remove the apps from your main iTunes apps menu or you will have to re-download them again if you should change your mind later on.
QUOTE Thanks
rolanddes

 
Member Since: Jul 27, 2011
Posts: 69
rolanddes is on a distinguished road

rolanddes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBP17•David View Post
That's how it usually works. What exactly is happening when you sync?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
All you need to do is sync your iPhone to your Mac in that situation.

For future reference and removal of apps from your iPhone:

Enter iTunes with either your iPhone attached to your Mac or shown as available via WiFi. Select your iPhone and then select apps from the iTunes menu for the iPhone. Then select "remove" for each app you wish removed from your iPhone. Select "apply", select "sync". It will then ask for confirmation.

Do not remove the apps from your main iTunes apps menu or you will have to re-download them again if you should change your mind later on.
Thanks for your replies guys. But I guess I did not make myself clear enough. Sorry for that.

I know how to delete an app from my iphone by continously pressing on an app icon or by simply clicking remove from itunes syncing screen.


What I want to do is just deleting an app from my itunes library and in my next syncing seeing that the deleted app also is deleted from my iphone. I want the changes in my iTunes library to effect my iphone.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
MBP17•David

 
MBP17•David's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 04, 2014
Location: East Midlands, UK
Posts: 441
MBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really niceMBP17•David is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP17 2010 8GB 2x960GB SSDs 10.9.4 • MBA11 2010 4GB 128GB 10.9.4 • TC 2TB • TV • iOS bunch

MBP17•David is offline
I must apologise - I got it wrong. In fact, iTunes specifically tells you that the app will not be deleted from iOS device, even though you're deleting it from iTunes library:



I suppose it is a safety feature, to protect what is potentially a paid-for app. There's no option, as far as I can see, to circumvent this two-step process.

Dvid
QUOTE Thanks
rolanddes

 
Member Since: Jul 27, 2011
Posts: 69
rolanddes is on a distinguished road

rolanddes is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBP17•David View Post
I must apologise - I got it wrong. In fact, iTunes specifically tells you that the app will not be deleted from iOS device, even though you're deleting it from iTunes library:



I suppose it is a safety feature, to protect what is potentially a paid-for app. There's no option, as far as I can see, to circumvent this two-step process.
That, I was refraining to hear. Thanks though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Is there an iPhone app that can record instruments? | Where are those iphoto folders? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
iPhone connection to iTunes Mark.Mynhardt iPhone Hardware and Accessories 4 07-20-2014 04:51 AM
Sync a ringtone to iPhone without losing library Gren iPhone Hardware and Accessories 10 05-30-2014 02:56 PM
downloads won't sync to iphone oldnic iPhone Hardware and Accessories 2 05-23-2014 11:18 AM
Sync iPhone contacts not using iCloud dyollwerdna iPhone Hardware and Accessories 5 04-04-2014 02:56 AM
iPhone playlists will not sync to itunes on mac Liquidxxvi Other Hardware and Peripherals 2 03-23-2014 08:57 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?