New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
iOS and Apps All your questions and discussion of iOS or iOS Apps.

Microsoft Word app

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

burnedfaceless

burnedfaceless has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mac Specs: 15" Core i7 2.3ghz retina-MacBook OS 10.9.1

Hey do y'all save to the cloud or to the ipad? Cloud has advantages but saving to both would be better. Any way to do that?

Would be nice to get a software update for Magic Mouse for this program too. Clumsy fingers put cursor in wrong spot.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You weren't very clear about what you're doing with Word but....

If you're using the new Word for iOS, then you'll want to save to SkyDrive or whatever Microsoft is calling their Cloud storage. You can then access that same Word file from your Mac.

Not sure I understand the question about the Magic Mouse? You can't use a mouse with your iPad if that's what you're asking.
QUOTE Thanks
burnedfaceless

You answered well. My Mac is done so just getting it done on this.

Is the ios version more limited? Seems to do everything I need so far and I have the first name page number no idea how I got that. Usually just turn in my papers without that.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

To be honest, I haven't used the iOS version of Word since I had purchased a new iPhone and Apple is giving away iWork iOS apps for free with the purchase of a new iOS device.

I may buy the new Word for iOS for my iPad but right now most of my work is done at my home office on the iMac using Office 2011. New Mac Office 2014 is due to be released this Fall so I may wait until then.
QUOTE Thanks
burnedfaceless

I'm used to it. Need a new computer this lets me run it on three devices a little cheaper. One may prove well for notes, I would just feel like a big douche bag bringing an ipad into class.

I may use this for outlining too, I'm finding I'm having less distractions even though I pulled an all nighter.

Thanks for your input bud.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Uninstall Nav-links | iphone 4s is acting bizarre, please help »