Specs:
    See signature block :)
    Free iPhone Maps for USA
    Hey everyone,

in a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to Las Vegas to get married. A couple days after that, we would like to tour around the states and finish our trip in San Francisco!

I was wondering if there was a free App for the iPhone that would allow me to use the GPS on it as I will not have Internet on my phone. When I was in the UK, there was a great app called: UK & ROI which was free and had voice commands whilst driving. I was hoping for something similar but for the US?

I have an american iTunes account.

Looking for: Maps / States I can download onto my phone and use the GPS on my phone to navigate just like the UK & ROI App for the UK.

As mentioned before, internet is sadly not an option.

Kind regards,

Robin

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I've moved your post here where it is on topic and adjusted your title.

in a couple of weeks I'll be traveling to Las Vegas to get married.
    Congratulations. Las Vegas is a great place to get married and spend your honeymoon. Just stay away from the slot machines...

Which iPhone do you have and are you using iOS 7? You can buy a sim card for your iPhone while in the states so you can use it for the internet. T-Mobile for example charges $10 for a sim card and will sell you a month by month plan to use while in the states.

The iTunes App Store has several very nice apps that provide turn by turn voice and GPS for the US. The apps are usually basic and require the voice add on as an extra $, so you'll need to shop around.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    T-Mobile for example charges $10 for a sim card and will sell you a month by month plan to use while in the states.
    They even have a day to day plan ($3/day) that has unlimited data if that ends up being cheaper.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    See signature block :)
    Hey and thanks for the replies,

I got so caught up with work that I totally forgot I opened a thread and needed to check it out
    Yes Las Vegas should be good and I really can't wait. I have an iPhone 5s and am running the latest iOS on it. 10$ for a sim card is not a lot but I was hoping to avoid using the Internet and just use the phones GPS. I would therefor have to download the maps and was wondering if there was a free app for that like the one in the UK (UK & ROI).

3$ a day would be great if I were only spending a couple of days but I will be spending three weeks there and we will be traveling a long the west coast into various states.

So do any of you suggest a certain app for my needs?

Regards,

Robin
     iMac 2012 2.9GHZ i5 1TB SSD 32GB Ram 660m 512MB GFX  Mac Mini 2012 2.5GHZ i5 500GB HDD 8GB Ram Intel HD 4000 GFX  13" MBP 2009  iPad 3 64GB  iPhone 5S 32GB  ATV 2 & 3  TC 3TB 2011  Airport Extreme 2013  Airport Express x2 2012 

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    A quick search came up with this. I have no idea if it works in the US but it might be worth exploring.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    MBA mid-2013 1.3GHz i5, 4GB 1600MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536MB; iPhone 6; iPad Air2, 64GB
    Can you just turn on cellular data and use Google Maps that way? Internet coverage is spotty where I live, and I have to do that all the time. Happy wedding!

Specs:
    15" rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad4, iPad Mini Retnia, WHS 2011
    Sygic Maps (available in App Store) will do exactly what you are asking. You need to download the individual states while you have cellular or WiFi connection. Due to the data size of each states map only download the ones you need.
    This app also has lots of POI's and can get locations from your contacts.

Thread Information